Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hungarian

Options
  • 30-07-2010 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Any questions welcome. There's the alphabet as a starter:

A Á B C CS D DZ DZS E É F G GY H I Í J K L LY M N NY O Ó Ö Ő P Q R S SZ T TY U Ú Ü Ű V W Z ZS X Y

Yes, 44 letters.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marko polo

hi, I want to learn Hungarian, I am a native English speaker with zero experience in learning a new language, do you know of any sites or material that would help an absolute beginner, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

im also very interested in learning magyar but am finding it very difficult to find somewhere in ireland that teaches it or anyone who will give lessons

if anyone could help with this it would be a great help

thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Maybe this might be of some interest.
    There's an Irish guy with a blog who just learned Hungarian. He has some videos and things up, and soon he'll be posting up a guide as to why it's easy to learn Hungarian.

His blog is www.fluentin3months.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Norb

As a native Hungarian I have to say, that it's a really difficult language.
    If anyone needs help, just ask. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Norb wrote: »
    As a native Hungarian I have to say, that it's a really difficult language.
    If anyone needs help, just ask. :)

I've yet to meet someone who doesn't think their native language isn't very difficult. I think Irish is very hard. And every Albanian person I work with keeps telling me how Albanian is very difficult.

It's all relative, if you want to learn a language enough it's very possible. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭deirdremf

marko polo wrote: »
    hi, I want to learn Hungarian, I am a native English speaker with zero experience in learning a new language, do you know of any sites or material that would help an absolute beginner, thanks
    Best site for learning Hungarian?
    Hungary!

Really, if you want to learn a language, the best thing to do is spend time in the place where it is spoken, off the tourist track.
    Practice it by buying in small shops instead supermarkets, and small bars where there are no foreigners.
    When there, avoid English speakers like the plague.
    Avoid locals who view you as an English-language learning resource.

Advertisement