Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i'm being overcharged by my mobile network

Options
  • 30-07-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

so i just realised that my carrier have been charging me double what they should have for the last 5 months.
    this angered me off to no end as you can imagine. i only noticed when i looked at my bill online whilst checking for upgrade eligibility for a certain new phone. i really couldnt believe that this type of thing would happen. am i being naive? but to be honest, when i sign a contract with something like this, i tend to not pay huge attention to my bills as i can assume that a huge phone carrier such as the one i am with would be trustworthy to not screw up.

i phoned customer care yesterday and the guy was less than apologetic and said he would email me some stuff to fill out to fix the error.

i never received diddly squat. what should i do? on the one hand i cant believe they can do that. on the other hand, i dont want to go through the asspain of changing provider.

i feel as though even though i can probably get the issue resolved if i phone back AGAIN(was on the phone for 34 mins last time). but this is crazy, yesterday i had to step out of work for the 34 mins to try and sort the issue. and now it seems like i have to move through this again.

im very irritated and this is no the first major problem ive had since moving from my previous network to this one.

any advice? i really want to make a point out of this but also dont want to abuse some poor customer service folk who at the end of the day are just doing their job.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

I should also point out that I haven't been over using my data or been using roaming charges etc. There is a daily 'data usage' fixed charge of 79 cent on my account despite the fact that data is included in my plan.

The customer service chap himself seemed to think it was odd(yet still never once apologized.)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,198 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If they have been overcharging you'd be entitled to a refund and they should credit your. What were you over charged?
    I do reckon if it was a genuine overcharging they would have just said ok and organised a refund, I'm guessing there's something you left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

thanks cap'n. could you possibly point me in the direction of the rep for the latter?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

mobiles >> consumer issues. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

From personnal experience OP, if you are been overcharged, they'll first of all find out why and fix that and then credit you what you are owed.

Bare in mind it's a bank holiday weekend so it may take a few days to resolve.

Finally, that's a long wait on the phone but, although you did try calling on the launch day of the iphone 4, so I figure most of the network where getting a massive amount of calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP. don't make the mistake of assuming that just because you use a large service provider that mistakes won't happen.

Mistakes do happen, and it's up to the Consumer to be vigilant and make sure that their bills are correct. It's pure naivety to expect the company to get it all right.

dudara wrote: »
    OP. don't make the mistake of assuming that just because you use a large service provider that mistakes won't happen.

Mistakes do happen, and it's up to the Consumer to be vigilant and make sure that their bills are correct. It's pure naivety to expect the company to get it all right.
    Yeah I'd totally agree with that. It's just that since I moved to this network I have had a bunch of big problems so I guess I'd figure it couldn't go too far wrong again...!

Thanks for all the replies. Have yet to hear anything but being the bank holiday weekend and indeed iPhone 4 time I'm happy to wait.

just to note that this matter has been dealt with in a quick and easy manner with the much appreciated help from daryll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 earnesty

yeah, you gotta be vigilant with most companies; they'll rarely undercharge you.
    I was recently overcharged by €20 on my last bill with three ireland (hutchinson) when I was changing provider. I emailed three, referencing comreg, which seemed to do the trick: they called me back and said the cheque was in the post.
    It arrived yesterday.

Advertisement