Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for birth mother...

Options
  • 30-07-2010 3:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, all...
    I was wondering if there would be anybody in Dublin who would be able to do a bit of research for me at the Reading Room? I'm in the US, so I don't know what that involves, but any help at all would be hugely appreciated! Her name was Bridget Mary O'Connor and she was born in County Cork, in 1933, I believe, as she was 24 when I was born in 1957. I appreciate any and ALL help!

~~Bridget

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭DriversEd

hi Bridget,

i'm a bit further on in the process than youa t the moment, but i might need to go back up yet, if so, i'll get back to you on it. but just to let you know, with the little info you have, which is about all i had, it can take a day just to get to her Birth Cert! thats what hapened to me on my own search, and i had to go again to research her marriage cert and any siblings BC's and MC's.

i cant promise anything, but if i can i'll get back to you!

regards,

Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Irishangel113

Hi, Ed-
    Sorry to be so slow in responding... I'd love any help! I've been on Ancestry.com for their free Labor Day search weekend, but with so little to go on, it's pretty much been a waste of time. I do wish that I had more to go on, but frankly, I feel quite fortunate to have that! Thank you again for your help!

Bridget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Hi, Ed-
    Sorry to be so slow in responding... I'd love any help! I've been on Ancestry.com for their free Labor Day search weekend, but with so little to go on, it's pretty much been a waste of time. I do wish that I had more to go on, but frankly, I feel quite fortunate to have that! Thank you again for your help!

Bridget

I'm heading into the GRO tomorrow afternoon, i'll take a look if you want (if someone else hasn't already)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Irishangel113

To the best of my knowledge, no body else has looked, so if you feel up to the search, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Hi Bridget,

Can you PM your email address to me?

• Advertisement
Advertisement