Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost something - any way to get it back?

Options
  • 30-07-2010 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Heya :)

I lost something severeal weeks ago and I've already talked to Garda, but they couldn't help help me. So...is there a Lost and Found office somewhere in Cork City? I think I lost it in Church Avenue (only a few metres from the Garda station in Watercourse Road).

Thank you in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

There is a lost property office in the Bus Station. Hope you get whatever you lost back.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fyda

Thanks! You mean the bus station at Merchant's Quay? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Try posting it in the free ads section of the Evening Echo. They have a lost and found section.

It would be worth putting notices up in any shops i the area and checking if it was handed into them.

Give the Gardai another call. Sometimes someone might hand the things in a few days after they found it.

Gumtree Cork have a lost and found section too.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Fyda wrote: »
    Thanks! You mean the bus station at Merchant's Quay? :)

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Post it up here soemone could have picked it up...

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your answers! I'll try if I find anything there.

I lost it when I was on my way to Tesco, I've already asked the staff there but they haven't found.

So...here's description of my moble:

It's a Samsung (I don't know it's exact name, but it's a slide phone). I would describe the colour as a mixture of anthractire and green with a silver frame around the display. It has a few scrates, even on it's keys - if I find a photo of it I'll post it here. I would also be ready to pay a reward.

And: I lost it already in March, so I guess it doesn't lay around on the street anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hate to break it to ya but if you lost a phone in March and have heard nothing since then it's pretty much guaranteed you won't get it back.

Yeah - that's what I'm also actually worrying about. But I'll see. I wanna try everything that's somehow possible. So thanks for all your suggestions. Any further ideas are still welcome. ;)

Advertisement