Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super League XV. Round 24.

• 30-07-2010 7:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Fri 30th Jul

Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 **SS**

Sat 31st Jul

Harlequins RL v Hull FC KO 15:00
    Warrington Wolves v St. Helens KO 18:45 **SS**

Sun 1st Aug

Crusaders RL v Salford City Reds KO 15:00
    Bradford Bulls v Catalans Dragons KO 15:00
    Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Wildcats KO 15:00
    Hull Kingston Rovers v Castleford Tigers KO 15:00

Massive weekend coming up as we get down to the end of the season. Battle for the last eight hotting up, and virtually every game this weekend has a lot riding on it. Personally tonight's Leeds/Wigan clash is going to be huge and Warrie/Saints tomorrow may very well be the clash of the season so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 XXVII

On the way to Leeds to watch the first of 2 games this week which will decide the league. Dreadful ground, away fans out in the rain, but can't wait for the game.

A Wigan win, and there will be thousands of cherry and whites cheering for Saints on Saturday.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Think Wigan and Warrington will both win this round to maintain the status quo at the top. Another struggle for Quins, feeling in my water for a win though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Leeds out of the box fast and hard, really putting the tackles in.

EDIT: Lovely try for Wigan.

Are we allowed abuse players when they do something like that?
    Bailey being his usual classy self. :rolleyes: Why the hell was that put on report instead of some action being taken. Some of the knock-on/forward pass calls are ridiculous.

EDIT: More great refereeing there. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Get in! :D Hope they push on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

Great result for Wigan. Leeds were just unable to break the Wigan defence without mistakes from Wigan themselves. Have to say the sin binning was a terrible decision :eek:. Its not to often the refs make mistakes but that was a major error.
    Think Saints will win tomorrow and leave it very tight for the runner up spot in the league which will be very important for Saints.
    Wigan (when they have Roberts and co back) look like a shoe in for the grand final. Some great games still to be played before that thou.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Good game, great performance from Wigan. A step up from every other team this year (odd blip apart). Leeds scrambled well, but never sensed they were going to win it. Nice to see Burrow back, but wigan kept sinfield/mcGuire quiet and their defence is superb, managed to exert total control in the tackle and really they played most of that game with, in effect 12 men, between the (undeserved) sin binning and the fact that goulding was effectively hobbled....Leeds can have no complaints.

The play-offs can throw up some odd results but Wigan will surely be in the final and tbh, must look a good bet for the crown. Todays Warrington/Saints clash is fascinating...I'd fancy Warrington to shade it and this could be the season where they finally make something of all that individual talent and skill....

Feel sorry for wolves but they cant quite seem to muster a result against saints. Wide open for 2nd spot now. Oh, and not for 1st time, my waters were wrong about Quins score.

Just getting to the end of Saints v Warrington, 74.45 I've never seen a more obvious penalty for interference that wasn't given, and in the build up the offside from Graham. Brilliant ending to a match, looking forward til it's over to post this. :pac:

Kick it! Get the 2! :pac: I'm cheering for Warrington to an extent, a draw would do after this match, but I feel Warrington deserve the win on the night.

Why the risky pass on the second tackle? :(

What a match. I'm kinda annoyed Saints won. They didn't show enough tonight to win the title IMO, but they showed their defence is much improved at this end of the season.

To toom, I would expect Wigan in the final, but I'm just waiting for the **** up tbh. Usually they go through a whole season hitting and missing, and this season it's been almost all hit, I can't help but feel they have to **** up at some point. :pac:

What a game, best 80 mins I've seen all season, either code. A draw would have been the best result but Warrington repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, there's definitely a psychological issue there for the wolves v saints...but an astonishing display of skill, stamina and virtuosity by both teams. When rugby league is played well like that, no other sport can touch it. Delighted to hear that there were a few Irish in the crowd over for the peace-match, hopefully they'll be enthusiastic for the game after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

I thought Warington were lacking in composure more anything. They were cutting the Saints up at will but just kept panicking at the final phase. How many times did they pass it directly into touch? Saints offloading game was a delight and when they're back to full strenght they're going to be hard to stop.

Felt sorry for Westwood, kicked flawlessly(that peno before halftime wow) took both tries really well but missed the kick to tie it up :(

Haven't watched much league this season and after watching that 80 minutes of pure pleasure I dont know why not :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Bradford are an absolute joke at the moment. We really need to cut some of the crap from this squad and almost start again. Living off our past achievements in super leauge isnt enough and teams no longer fear coming to Odsal.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Bradford are an absolute joke at the moment. We really need to cut some of the crap from this squad and almost start again. Living off our past achievements in super leauge isnt enough and teams no longer fear coming to Odsal.

Wakey are in the same position, only we don't have any past achievements to live off:rolleyes: At least you have a new coach coming in to shake things up.

After watching the Leeds-Wigan and Wires-Saints games it going to be a tremendously exciting play-offs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    Wakey are in the same position, only we don't have any past achievements to live off:rolleyes: At least you have a new coach coming in to shake things up.

This is my only hope. Attendances for us are pathetic which means we have less to spend on players which means we cannot attract decent players to the club. Its a horrible situation to be in and we just need a magician to turn it around for a couple of years to get he crowds back in.

Surely Quins win the grand slam of crapness though? No fans, no history, no money, wooden spoon in the league. Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

p_larkin99 wrote: »

Pity the Catalans only decided to start playing the last 4 weeks. I really thought they could kick on from last season.

Pity the Catalans only decided to start playing the last 4 weeks. I really thought they could kick on from last season.

In fairness, absolutely cursed with injuries this season....but yeah very dissappointing season for the dragons....

Advertisement