Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best electrical appliance shop on cork city?

Options
  • 30-07-2010 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭

HI all
    need to get a chest freezer (delivered if possible to skibbereen) but heading into cork city for a look as more choice.
    anyone point me in the right direction?
    would prefer to give the small local business my cash instead of the chain stores but beggars cant be choosers!
    slan
    s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The biggest local stores are
    Dwyers ( near kinsale road roundabout ) - really impressive place!
    SoundStore (Blackpool s/c)
    FlorGriffen (near opera house on quay) - very focused on Electrolux (AEG & Zanussi)

There are two "old-style" city centre electrical stores I can think of : fitzGeralds on the grand parade and Murphy's it's down two streets down off Washington street.

Big chains: curry's at mahon point & Harvey Norman at the old Woodies site near kinsale road roundabout and in East Gate retail Park on Little Island.

There are some others too but, those are what jump to mind!
    There are others

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Dwyers on forge hill are good for haggling actually. Got a tv there recently, only place in Cork that would come down in price a litte (bar Harvey Normans but they had jacked up their prices so high it didn't matter), staff friendly too and just a nice feel to the place!

Currys out by Mahon point didn't seem too bad in price either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

There's a Flor Griffin in Bandon as well, on the bypass, which would be closer to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Is Phil O'Sullivan still on the quay at the end of Barrack Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mountain

reic wrote: »
    Is Phil O'Sullivan still on the quay at the end of Barrack Street?

Good traditional family business, speak with Kieran or Aida, have dealt with them for years and never a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭JeremyH

I always go with Dwyers and have never been let down. They are competitive on price and the service is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭max 73

seanin4711 wrote: »
    HI all
    need to get a chest freezer (delivered if possible to skibbereen) but heading into cork city for a look as more choice.
    anyone point me in the right direction?
    would prefer to give the small local business my cash instead of the chain stores but beggars cant be choosers!
    slan
    s

there's a Thornhills electrical store in skibbereen

Advertisement