Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Toll Overcharging

• 30-07-2010 8:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Saw 2 cases of overcharging yesterday. €3.20 for the car ahead of me.

Also heard from somebody at work that they were charged €3.20.

You would think that this would be tested to death before they opened.

If you see €3.20 on the screen on front of you I would advise not putting anything in the basket. Just keep beeping your horn until the toll attendent comes to you.

The 2 people I saw put the €3.20 in just to get the barrier up.
    I myself was charged the correct amount

Has anybody else come accross this overcharging.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

niallers1 wrote: »
    If you see €3.20 on the screen on front of you I would advise not putting anything in the basket. Just keep beeping your horn until the toll attendent comes to you.

Or you should really press the call button on the machine to speak to the operator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

And so it begins...just like the M50 when the govt bought it back. Guess who will end up paying? The motorist. Govt owned (incl PPP) + techology = Recipe for disaster/suffering/rip off for the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Happned to me 2 days ago, thought my 2 door car was a commercial vehicle, went to the attedant and they asked to show the backs seats, payed the 1.80 then. I keep going to the manned stations now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

What do you expect when you have toll booths manned by badgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Are you saying drey are all on the fiddle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Berty wrote: »
    Or you should really press the call button on the machine to speak to the operator.

Have you actually seen a call button within reach of the driver?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If there is no call button, you could just say so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Sigh....another tunnel thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Sigh....another tunnel thread....

I know - Limerick was always a Hole and then we got another one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

MarkR wrote: »
    If there is no call button, you could just say so...

I'm asking a question, I don't know the answer?

• Advertisement

I have not looked at the machines in Limerick but other Toll Plazas DO have a call button. I was working on the Toll Plaza in Watergrasshill in Cork for the same company who operates the Limerick Toll Plaza and the machines definately have the call button.

I know it works because I had to use it once.

All Toll Plazas in Ireland except the East Link and West Link in Dublin are identical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

Berty wrote: »
    I have not looked at the machines in Limerick but other Toll Plazas DO have a call button. I was working on the Toll Plaza in Watergrasshill in Cork for the same company who operates the Limerick Toll Plaza and the machines definately have the call button.

I know it works because I had to use it once.

All Toll Plazas in Ireland except the East Link and West Link in Dublin are identical.

There may very well be a call button but on Wednesday last it was a disgrace the way the traffic was allowed into the 2 lanes with basket collections only and the toll looking for the incorrect amount from the majority of the traffic. We had to back out of the lane to get access to the other lanes while cars were whizzing down joining the manned lanes, the etoll lane was also closed. Why someone in the control room couldnt see the danger and open the barriers is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Itsdacraic wrote: »

whats wrong with badgers??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Where's Berty's call button gone ya Bastid!!!!

- Get him Boys!!!

Raiser wrote: »
    Where's Berty's call button gone ya Bastid!!!!

- Get him Boys!!!

The badger still owes me a pint for posting the job. :D

Skip the call button and have a car on Heineken waiting at the Plaza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The call button does work, I had put the correct amount 1.80 in and the barrier didnt go up. Nice man put the barrier up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

badgers are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The display showed €3.20 for me today! Idiots!

I had the €1.80 ready, threw it in, and lo and behold the barrier rose!

I just checked my online easytrip.ie account and I have not been charged for using the Limerick tunnel. :D

Normally hits the account within a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Hi Guys, I use the new Limerick Tunnel a few times every week and it is a Godsend! However, I frequently find that when I put the €1.80 in the basket, it comes up with an error, telling me that I owe an extra 10 cent even though I have paid €1.80. I'm not cribbing about having to pay an extra 10 cent but it is a pain in the ass looking for an extra 10 cent when you have paid the exact amount. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Thanks:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I use the new Limerick Tunnel a few times every week and it is a Godsend! However, I frequently find that when I put the €1.80 in the basket, it comes up with an error, telling me that I owe an extra 10 cent even though I have paid €1.80. I'm not cribbing about having to pay an extra 10 cent but it is a pain in the ass looking for an extra 10 cent when you have paid the exact amount. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Thanks:(

happened to me once or twice, check the coin return slot. hard to reach sometimes though.

Advertisement