Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mourne Olympic Triathlon 7th August

• 30-07-2010 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Hi any of you guys doing this ?

Very tempted in giving this a go. Course seems appealing
    I hope there is registration on the morning, enquired with the organisers but nothing back yet

www.otcbelfast.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

I've done this race several times in the past. Very enjoyable and I'd recommend it.

Bike course has some "false flats" - you wonder why the hell you are slowing down when the road ahead looks almost downhill, but it ain't :)

Run course is lovely, steep hill on each lap but pretty flat apart from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Done it in 2007 and i ll be back this year looking forward to it, closed roads really appeal to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Very good event but the goodie bag was scabby no t shirt but a towel instead ! the run course is one of the best out there and the bike course is everybit as tough as the beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

levitronix wrote: »
    Very good event but the goodie bag was scabby no t shirt but a towel instead ! the run course is one of the best out there and the bike course is everybit as tough as the beast

Agree goodie bag was poor, the Triathlon plus edition was good for those that already didn't have it. I become used to good grub after these events but there wasn't really much here.

The course was challenging especially the bike, and that hill we had to run up twice was energy sapping. However the setting was fab and event well organised.

Advertisement