Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even 2fms at it now!

• 30-07-2010 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed the competitions for cash have changed?
    Use to be (god rest Gerry Ryan) had every other Friday or so, he would announce at 9am they were having a comp to win 5k, maybe a trip to NYC etc and competition line was open from 9-12

Now they have copped on EVERY FRIDAY to offer 1k every three hours for the same price of a euro or a pound sterling per text.

Might not be a rip off alert, (as i get your not obliged to text) certainly a nice little earner for them though! As the prize has dropped from five grand to three, and they (prob) get three times as many texts!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Aren't these prizes sponsored by companies?

I'd imagine all commercial organisations are pulling back on promotions and giveaways like this in these straightened times so it will be hard for them to source decent prizes. Also, listenership for 2fm is probably down now that Gerry Ryan is gone, I'd say a lot of that market will have moved to Ray D'arcy.

Advertisement