Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 Retail Outlets - Stock Levels

Options
  • 30-07-2010 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Thought it might be helpful if those of you who have been to a store, be it o2, Vodafone, 3, etc could indicate current (or anticipated) stock levels?
    Just name of store, location and approx, or impending, stock levels?
    I'll be checking in with Vodafone on Grafton St later today and will post up whatever spiel I get from them re current or expected stock levels.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Heres some info from the O2 twitter feed:

Sold Out:
    Patrick Street
    Newbridge
    West Street
    Henry Street
    Grafton Street
    Swords Village
    Malahide
    O2.ie

O2 Daunt Square
    O2 Crescent Centre
    O2 Scotch Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

The 3 store on Patrick St wouldn't say how many units they had when I was queueing last night, so it's interesting that O2 are being so public about it!

Apparently Three on Grafton Street had hundreds of them, so I would imagine its just that Three were better prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Vodafone Tallaght still have a few.

• Advertisement

atgate wrote: »
    Vodafone Tallaght still have a few.

At those prices, I'm sure most of their stores will for many weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Vodafone at the stephens green end of grafton street got 16 in, told 16 at the trinity end aswell. No real queue outside when I was there for opening. Worth a phone call for anyone looking to still get one

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Vodafone in Limerick city only got 10 x 16gb in and only 3 x 32gb even the staff appeared embarrassed at the small deliverery. They're working off waiting list and if anyone drops out I should be getting a call. I'm not holding my breath though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Any idea when it will come back into stock with O2? It was sold out at 8.25am on the website

O2 Midleton
    O2 Waterford
    O2 Finglas
    O2 Donaghmede
    O2 Trim
    O2 Letterkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Any idea when it will come back into stock with O2? It was sold out at 8.25am on the website
    Stuart, want to give them a call and report back?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

3 in blanch had lots - they also said it was first come first serve, regardless of whether pre ordered.

Their head office (according the the sales guy) told all branches not to hold stock. If someone wants a phone and have all the details, then sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭DonRosco

MJohnston wrote: »
    Apparently Three on Grafton Street had hundreds of them, so I would imagine its just that Three were better prepared.

I was there, they had 80 32GB, with 50 held. Not sure on 16GB, but I suppose if they had 120 you could call 200 'hundreds' at a push. I didn't get there early enough to guarantee a 32GB though, so I split.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Posted this in another thread, but I'm pretty sure Vodafone in the Blackrock Centre will still have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

quintron wrote: »
    Stuart, want to give them a call and report back?

I'm in edinburgh at the moment! Contemplating getting train to Glasgow to get it sim free! Wat u think?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

I'm in edinburgh at the moment! Contemplating getting train to Glasgow to get it sim free! Wat u think?

defo, especially since the likes of vodafone are selling it for just €10 cheaper than it is to buy direct from apple unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Donegal town had 3. I was 4th in queue. :(

irish1967 wrote: »
    Donegal town had 3. I was 4th in queue. :(
    Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Same thing happened to me in Waterford, Vodafone got 10...I was number 11 lol

Just ordered one from the online store for Tues though....still though, was some stinger! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

3 in Portlaoise had 1 no. 16GB iPhone 4 in stock. I was the first person to go to buy it, at 11.45.

They said 3 in Tullamore opened at 8 and was sold out by 8.45. Apparently they got 1,500 units total countrywide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

is there anywhere in dublin likely to have one left in stock on O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Just picked up a 16Gb in the 3 shop Liffey Valey, Lunchtime Friday.

No fuss No que. They would'nt say how many were left except that they sold around 12 in the first hour of trading and "a few" since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

None left in Mary Street (I got the last two)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

If you are in Cavan O2 still have some left. (as of 12.45 ish) ring before just to make sure.

None in the vodafones on Grafton St. Said they are getting stock (maybe) on Wed next...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,613 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Went into Carphone Warehouse on Henry Street Dublin at 1pm. I got the last O2 iPhone 4. He said he had a few Vodafone iPhone 4 left too. No queue. Bit of a panic over nothing this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭noaddedsugar

I got a 16gb one in the 3 store in Galway at 1ish and they had quite a few left at that stage according to staff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

faceman wrote: »
    Bit of a panic over nothing this morning
    I think this was a bit inevitable. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

Vodafone in Limerick city only got 10 x 16gb in and only 3 x 32gb even the staff appeared embarrassed at the small deliverery. They're working off waiting list and if anyone drops out I should be getting a call. I'm not holding my breath though.

ya, very peed off with them at the mo, was after a 32gb and was told yesterday he was putting my details on one in his hand if I guaranteed that I'd be in today, told me not to bother queueing, got in at 9:30 with 2 kids in tow absolutely saturated to be told there were none available. what sickens me is I could have bought it online and it would have been delivered on Tuesday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

cyberspi wrote: »
    ya, very peed off with them at the mo, was after a 32gb and was told yesterday he was putting my details on one in his hand if I guaranteed that I'd be in today, told me not to bother queueing, got in at 9:30 with 2 kids in tow absolutely saturated to be told there were none available. what sickens me is I could have bought it online and it would have been delivered on Tuesday :(

That's seriously bad business mate.

Advertisement