Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 Retail Outlets - Stock Levels

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

CPW in Ballincollig had 1 VF and 1 Three left at lunchtime....

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

That's seriously bad business mate.

tell me about it, esp. seeing as 3 around the corner still had them available at 12pm. was sorely tempted to switch but in the long run it would have been shooting myself in the foot as EVERY ONE of my contacts is on vodafone!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 johnnyfardel

Girl working in Vodafone in LV told me @ 3.36pm they had
    a couple of 16Gb left and that if I went down to the shop
    I'd get one.

Got there at 3.55pm and one of the lads told me there were
    none left.

The girl was not available - having her lunch in the back.

What a crock....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

DonRosco wrote: »
    I was there, they had 80 32GB, with 50 held. Not sure on 16GB, but I suppose if they had 120 you could call 200 'hundreds' at a push. I didn't get there early enough to guarantee a 32GB though, so I split.

at lunch time there were no 32s left and only a handful of 16s apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

cyberspi wrote: »
    tell me about it, esp. seeing as 3 around the corner still had them available at 12pm. was sorely tempted to switch but in the long run it would have been shooting myself in the foot as EVERY ONE of my contacts is on vodafone!

Just wondering, how do you know they are all Vodafone? With number porting nowadays it's impossible to tell anymore what network a person is with from their 083/5/6/7 number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just wondering, how do you know they are all Vodafone? With number porting nowadays it's impossible to tell anymore what network a person is with from their 083/5/6/7 number.

a) when you make a call it beeps if the other person is on a different network
    b) my bill details any calls and text to non VF numbers..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Vodafone just put up a post on Facebook saying they are completely sold out, country wide of iP4.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pjhamill

I got my prepay vodafone online today ordered for tuesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

cyberspi wrote: »
    a) when you make a call it beeps if the other person is on a different network
    b) my bill details any calls and text to non VF numbers..

Well you learn something new every day. As long as I've been using a mobile, I never knew about the beep signifying calling another network. Often heard it and wondered what it was. Handy to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

If it beeps more than once you know they have switched network more than once ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

It seems that there wasn't that much of a rush on them , coz there wasn't that much demand!!!

I didn't think that i would get one and dropped in VF in Donaghmede on thursday afternoon and was told that they got 20 in stock and only 3 were ordered and "would i like one put by for me" i said yes...and dropped back to the store this morning and picked it up!

cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭DonRosco

at lunch time there were no 32s left and only a handful of 16s apparently...

They must have got some in the afternoon, because I just bought the last 32GB there at about 6pm. They have about 30 16GB left for tomorrow, so if anyone's looking, i'd get there before lunchtime anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mykro28

got mine today in the VF store in Gorey, from what I could see they had 4 behind the counter, not sure how many they had elsewhere. I got mine at 15:00 and the lady behind the counter told me I was the first one today! Seems to me there is a good chance they will have some left tomorrow....

G

Anyone have an inside scoop on sim free availability from Compu-B? I heard they are just doing contracts. Is that the case? Cheers, q.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Any idea on stock levels that O2 currently have? I presume that there sold out countrywide at the moment.... Anyone know when more will be in?

Was at the Galway races for the week and didn't get a chance to get into a shop on Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Shane732 wrote: »
    Any idea on stock levels that O2 currently have? I presume that there sold out countrywide at the moment.... Anyone know when more will be in?

Was at the Galway races for the week and didn't get a chance to get into a shop on Friday...

By the sounds of things. There was an awful lot more iPhones to go around this year. Between online and in stores. But the demand was also higher.

I reckon they will all be resupplied far more quickly and regularly and won't be as bad as last year.

I could be wrong though :)

Any updates this morning from anyone who has been in a store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

O2 top of Grafton St had nothing, not even iPhone 3gs

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭moshea

Was in at the carphonewarehouse on north earl street (dublin) at lunchtime. They had no iphone 4's for O2, but had 2 in stock for VF contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Dundrum - nothing in Vodafone or O2 stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Milty77

Vodafone announced on Facebook that they will have iPhone 4's available online and in shops tomorrow. Doesnt give any other info other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Milty77

Vodafone Ireland We will have limited iPhone
    4 stock available on the Vodafone online store shortly. Stock will be available in our retai stores from tomorrow. Check in here tomorrow morning for more stock updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 nicbel76

guys, when do you think is gonna be possible to get an Iphone 4 on o2 as new bill pay customer without havin to queue or doin mad things???

• Registered Users Posts: 34 nicbel76

september or b4?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Vodafone rang me today asking me did I want to buy an iPhone, so I'm guessing they've extra stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eximius

Any info on 3 stores in Dublin? I'm desperate for an iphone, but I refuse to go onto voadafone. Not that desperate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

eximius wrote: »
    Any info on 3 stores in Dublin? I'm desperate for an iphone, but I refuse to go onto voadafone. Not that desperate :)

Give them a call, they might be able to arrange something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TheMastero

whats the story in limerick guys? anyone know if there out or comin in, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 philip___

vodafone.ie have stock right now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TheMastero

bla vodafone... i wanna buy 4rm apple sim free :P

Advertisement