Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Longest Pinhole Exposure Ever?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I quite like it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

How's this done? Extremely low ISO film with a pinhole a fixed distance from it? Or is focus just not something you bother about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

focus is not an issue with pinhole photography.
    plus, it's easier to use paper for long exposure stuff because paper is less sensitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Everything is in focus with a pinhole, the f/stop will be something like f/295 or something (just to pick a random number :D ). It's probably done on paper or something, with this long an exposure it actually prints out, ie when you open the camera the image is actually right there, no development needed.

It's certainly much more ornate and detailed than the usual sky trail long exposures. I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

So you open the camera and spray fixer on the sheet or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is this the same guy who used to black out his hotel room windows, paper the walls with photographic paper, and then punch a small hole in the window blackout?
    he got images which could only be viewed correctly once the paper had been reconstructed in the shape of the original room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Sleepy wrote: »
    So you open the camera and spray fixer on the sheet or something?

I don't think you even need to do that, you just scan it as quickly as possible. It probably fades in time. Maybe there's some way of preserving the original, I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Doing some random friday googling and I found this

http://www.pinhole.cz/en/pinholecameras/dirkon_01.html

You can download a camera that you cut out of paper and fold together yourself:

dirkon_02s.jpgdirkon_03s.jpg

Might have to try it for a laugh.

you can do it with any camera you have a body cap for. drill a hole in the body cap, cover it with tinfoil, and pierce a small hole in the tinfoil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

you can do it with any camera you have a body cap for. drill a hole in the body cap, cover it with tinfoil, and pierce a small hole in the tinfoil.

Wouldn't that just be gimping a perfectly good camera? I would've thought the point (fnar) of pinhole photography would be to cobble together a working camera from a cardboard box (or sheet of paper). For the ould DIY buzz like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement