Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same day engraving in the city centre?

Options
  • 30-07-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a place that does same-day engraving in the City Centre?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

If you go in early and ask nicely, your man in Comerford and Brady, 10 Lower Abbey Street might do it for you on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

If you go in early and ask nicely, your man in Comerford and Brady, 10 Lower Abbey Street might do it for you on the same day.

Thanks for the advice but they've moved!

Anyone know of any other place that will do same day engraving???

I urgently need to find a place!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Try any small jewellers (assuming that you're not looking for a headstone to be engraved).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Jewellers probably won't do a same day turn around. I tried it a few weeks ago and was told the next day was the earliest possible.

Went to a guy who did trophies and had it turned around in 5 hours.

Unfortunately it wasn't in Dublin but if you look up the golden pages for somebody who does trophies in Dublin they'll probably be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Thanks for the advice but they've moved!

Anyone know of any other place that will do same day engraving???

I urgently need to find a place!

Find out where Comerford and Brady have moved to. I doubt they've closed down as they get outsourced most of the jobs from Dublin jewellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

There is a trophy/snooker shop called Brenfer(?) in Capel St, opposite Lenihan's hardware. I think he does engraving.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

there is a trophy shop in temple bar, just beside the sésí building...i think if you go in early and don't want a whole hape of stuff done they will help you out....
    i think some of the jewellers in town send their stuff there too....
    there used to be a guy in the powerscourt centre but i'm not sure if he's still around.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Avoid Brenfor Jewellers on Capel Street.. I had a silver christening gift engraved there a couple of years back.. when I went back to collect it yerman was stinking of booze and when I got home and checked the piece, the babies name was upside down and looked like it had been etched by someone with a compass.. Fcuking disgraceful :mad:

If you're anywhere near Blanch, there's a little key cutting place that will do it for you while you wait.. It's right beside the fountain on the lower level of the shopping centre.. They did a lovely job on my replacement gift, nice elegant scroll font as opposed to the mess that was on the other one.. :rolleyes: and when I told them my tale of wow they did it for free, fair play..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

esel wrote: »
    There is a trophy/snooker shop called Brenfer(?) in Capel St, opposite Lenihan's hardware. I think he does engraving.

Noooooooo!!! see above

Wow - never had anything done there myself, just saw it in passing.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jobolt

Anyone know of a place that does same-day engraving in the City Centre?

Thanks!

Hi guys Comerford & Brady have moved to Fairview its really close to city centre and they still offer great service:)

I take it it's a nice place to work? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

xzanti wrote: »
    Avoid Brenfor Jewellers on Capel Street.. I had a silver christening gift engraved there a couple of years back.. when I went back to collect it yerman was stinking of booze and when I got home and checked the piece, the babies name was upside down and looked like it had been etched by someone with a compass.. Fcuking disgraceful :mad:

If you're anywhere near Blanch, there's a little key cutting place that will do it for you while you wait.. It's right beside the fountain on the lower level of the shopping centre.. They did a lovely job on my replacement gift, nice elegant scroll font as opposed to the mess that was on the other one.. :rolleyes: and when I told them my tale of wow they did it for free, fair play..

Customer service not great either.....I asked about a price for something and was told to bring it in, fair enough comment. When I brought it in he still could not give me a price and said leave it here for the engraver to see, that was the point of bringing it in. He was then quite abrupt as if I was wasting his time and would not really answer any queries I had.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thread is 4 years old

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement