Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Home Phone & Broadband

• 30-07-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I am looking at swithcing from Perlico to Vodafone landline and broadband package for €45 savings very litttle approx €4 but better off in my pocket over the year for the same service. Has anyone had any issues with Vodafone in changing from one provider to another or technical faults etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I was moved from BT to Vodafone and it's been a 7 month white-knuckle nightmare ride. The service is crap and their customer service is the worst I've ever encountered. Needless to say, I'm looking into other options.

If you want to see what you might be letting yourself in for, this link to the Vodafone forum will give you some clues.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

• Registered Users Posts: 8,607 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

perlico and vodafone are the same company and many of the support / back office and administration is in the same office,

if you change it will be done very quickly. a lot of people have been having problems going from BT to vodafone, i dont know why, maybe because they keep the same modems, but moving from perlico to VF shouldnt be any problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

perlico and vodafone are the same company and many of the support / back office and administration is in the same office,

if you change it will be done very quickly. a lot of people have been having problems going from BT to vodafone, i dont know why, maybe because they keep the same modems, but moving from perlico to VF shouldnt be any problems

I've compared the Vodafone supplied modem with my original Linksys, and it makes no difference. Is this another cock and bull Vodafone Home Broadband story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

My vodafone broadband was dead for a day or two, we rang voda and they said our area was being upgraded so we were happy enough with that. The problem is, once the broadband came back it was total rubbish, we use to get 5.5mb~ constantly now we get between 1mb and 2mb and it varies a lot.
    I was moved from BT to voda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

Does Vodafone use the same Broadband system as Perlico or have they their own seperate setup. I have Pelico and never had any major issues and would change over to Vodafone for the slightly cheaper rate if they were the same. Othe than tht I will stay where I am going by the scary comments I have seen on various sites.

• Advertisement
Advertisement