Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quality of life in Tullow

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Point taken but I'd hate for the OP to get an inaccuarate view of Tullow just becuase of 1 post.

Most towns in Ireland have an undesireable element... vandals, hard men, alcoholics, drug addicts, even drug dealers, pretty much what you find anywhere. Thankfully such elements are greatly overshadowed by the vast number of good people and nice things on offer, but never the less it is still there lurking in the background.

Tullow is a nice place to most, a sh1thole to some but painting the place as some sort of Utopia is also unfair to the OP, he/she wants to know the realities and the reality is that Tullow is no different to most towns across Ireland, a few problems but overwelming benefits.

And that was the point of my link (which incidently was the only example I could find).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Git101 wrote: »
    I don't mean to be disrespectful but Tullow, like most Irish rural towns is a sh1thole

I disagree but you're very much entitled to your opinion

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Tullow is a nice place to most, a sh1thole to some but painting the place as some sort of Utopia is also unfair to the OP, he/she wants to know the realities and the reality is that Tullow is no different to most towns across Ireland, a few problems but overwelming benefits.

Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

I disagree but you're very much entitled to your opinion

I just spent ages writing a reply to this but then scrapped it as my reply was not something that this thread needed, however, I would be interested to know why you disagree with my opinion that Tullow* is a sh1thole

* substitute any rural town of similar size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 fastbowler

Git101 wrote: »
    I just spent ages writing a reply to this but then scrapped it as my reply was not something that this thread needed, however, I would be interested to know why you disagree with my opinion that Tullow* is a sh1thole

* substitute any rural town of similar size

I don't know where you get your opinion that Tullow is a ****hole. I have been living here for the last 3 years while still working in the emergency services in west dublin (tallaght,clondalkin, blanch,finglas) dealing with stabbings,murders,drugs, domestics day in day out. Tullow is a world away from that and I look forward to coming home to Tullow to have a break from REAL ****holes... (Though even in these areas in Dublin its normally the arseholes that turn the places into ****holes..plenty of decent people wherever you go just living life)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Point taken but I'd hate for the OP to get an inaccuarate view of Tullow just becuase of 1 post.

true, i have or had no conception of Tullow until starting this thread. i am grateful for the response. the job is however only a maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

I have lived in tullow for over 3 years now never had an issue with the town same as any other rural town in Eire.Make the best of it.like anywhere else in ireland if you go looking for trouble you ll usually find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Harrocks wrote: »
    I have lived in tullow for over 3 years now never had an issue with the town same as any other rural town in Eire.Make the best of it.like anywhere else in ireland if you go looking for trouble you ll usually find it.

Well said.. But of a dumbass thread though. Im sure ul agree :o

Advertisement