Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seiko automatic dive watch

• 30-07-2010 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I have a Seiko automatic divers 150m watch, its the rarer 17 jewels Japanese market 7002-7001. The watch is 25 years+ of age, as far as i know. Iam just wondering does anyone know what price these watches go for as iam looking to sell.

Heres a photo, cheers skip.
    Picture005.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

given the poor conditions and the missing strap I think you would struggle to sell it.
    Maybe you will do it at the end, but I'm sure you are not going to be rich after that.
    I think it is worth 50 euro or something :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

:) Yeah, its no pot of gold! I didnt think it would be worth much in the condition, but if it gets a nifty 50 its alright. Do they sell easy?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭piaget

7002 divers are not as desirable as some of the earlier ones, I'd concur that if its running Ok then 50-60 quid is max.

Would you not be better to get it serviced and sealed and get a cheap Nato, makes a good holiday watch.

piaget wrote: »
    Would you not be better to get it serviced and sealed and get a cheap Nato, makes a good holiday watch.

Iam not really a watch person, its been lying around the house for years and iv no use for it. Id rather sell it for what its worth to a person who might want it. Would it be worth putting on e-bay?
    Thanks for all the info lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭piaget

skipz wrote: »
    Iam not really a watch person, its been lying around the house for years and iv no use for it. Id rather sell it for what its worth to a person who might want it. Would it be worth putting on e-bay?
    Thanks for all the info lads.

I'd try adverts.ie first before Ebay. never sold anything on either but had read a lot of negative things for anything watch related on Ebay.

Ideally your're looking for a watch enthuasist who can restore it to a nice condition and will give you a fair price for it. I'd take it myself but I have a seiko black monster for those duties. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I have a very similar watch to this from 79 in better condition that I bought for €65 on tzuk. Must say I love it and am wearing it today, mine is the same except it doesn't say 17 jewels on the dial.
    It's a 6309 7290

buck65 wrote: »
    I have a very similar watch to this from 79 in better condition that I bought for €65 on tzuk. Must say I love it and am wearing it today, mine is the same except it doesn't say 17 jewels on the dial.
    It's a 6309 7290

I think the 17 jewels means that the watch was only sold to the Japanese home market. Its 17 jewels and the other type is singapore movement.
    That what i can make out anyways.

It is the movement alright but as far as i know there was to types of 7002-7001's.
    1.The Japanese market only, which has "water150mresist"
    17jewel
    2.And just a "water150mresist" which was singapore movement and was for the world market.

I dont know feck all about watches, but thats what i seem to find about these watches.

Advertisement