Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Idol - 10th Season (2011)

Options
  • 30-07-2010 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/07/29/ellen-degeneres-american-idol/
    Fox announced today that Ellen DeGeneres has decided to step down from her role as a judge on American Idol. DeGeneres joined the panel in its ninth season. The network released this statement today: “A couple months ago, I let Fox and the American Idol producers know that this didn’t feel like the right fit for me,” said DeGeneres. “I told them I wouldn’t leave them in a bind and that I would hold off on doing anything until they were able to figure out where they wanted to take the panel next. It was a difficult decision to make, but my work schedule became more than I bargained for. I also realized this season that while I love discovering, supporting and nurturing young talent, it was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings. I loved the experience working on IDOL and I am very grateful for the year I had. I am a huge fan of the show and will continue to be.”
    Fox released a statement of its own: “We love Ellen and understand and support her decision to bow out of Idol,” said Peter Rice, Chairman of Entertainment, Fox Networks Group. “We were fortunate to receive the humor, energy and love for talent that she brought to the show.” Added Idol creator Simon Fuller in a statement: “I loved Ellen’s passion for the artists and her nurturing skills. She brought honesty and optimism to our judging panel and I will miss her greatly.”
    News of DeGeneres’ departure comes amid reports that former Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe is all but certain to return to the show for its 10th season and that he reportedly favors an entirely new slate of judges for the competition show to make up for the loss of Simon Cowell, who left at the end of Idol’s ninth season to launch a U.S.-based version of his popular British series The X Factor. Complicating matters could be the fact that current judge Randy Jackson is reportedly signed through next year.

So the show now needs 2 new judges

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kara DioGuardi has reportedly been fired from American Idol.

According to TMZ, the show's judge will not appear on the next season because she has been let go by producers.

The programme will apparently return to its original three-judge format next season, with Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler thought to be possible panellists.

DioGuardi could return to the show if Lopez does not accept the offer.

Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler have been unveiled as the new judges on 'American Idol'.
    At a press conference announcing their appointment, Lopez said she was "looking for the next Michael Jackson".
    Tyler said of his new role: "[It] feels like the perfect feathered nest. It's being a part of something much bigger than yourself. I want to bring some rock to this roller coaster."
    Returning judge Randy Jackson said: "We found some unbelievable talent and I am calling season 10 the remix, baby!"
    The new series of 'American Idol' begins on American television on 10 January.

Starts tonight in US

Steven Tyler is legendary on it - good to see that he's not afraid to swear, but they're far too compassionate all of them. Simon Cowell ha no problem telling someone if they sucked without batting an eyelid.

Ah American Idol, such a guilty pleasure.

... since when did they start censoring men's stomachs ...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Steven Tyler makes Michael Jackson look normal. His teeth are scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Why do these shows (and often their contestants) insist on exploiting human misery?

example: Chris Medina
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVG-ViWP14g

I am not comfortable with the fact that the shows producers are happy to make money from this tragic story.

I am not comfortable with the fact that this guy is playing the sympathy card, rather than do the noble thing and keep his own business to himself.

• I hated that sob story. I think it was the worst one yet. I'm sure the poor girl would rather not have been wheeled out for the judges. It's turning into a woe-is-me competition this year. They should just ban sob stories and concentrate on the auditions.

And I'm kind of in love with Steven Tyler. He's so sweet.

God, I loved Paul McDonald's voice

Rob Bolin is my favourite so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Piko

Think Paul McDonald is my favourite so far, loving that voice and that smile ;)

Like James Durbin too but I hope his performances don't get a bit samey after a few weeks with all the high notes. Thia for the girls did really well too. Casey is good but he's a bit up himself and it's already bugging me!

Thought Stefano showed how the song choice is really important, forgettable with his first song, but sang the second beautifully.

And yay or nay for 3e's highly edited version? I'm not at home to watch it on itv on thursdays so watching it on 3e. Itv have a lot more ad breaks but 4.5hrs cut down to 3hrs means there's a lot cut out. In one sense it's good because i'd fast forward through a lot of the talking anyway but in another sense, we don't get to know the contestants at all until later on in the competition. Next week it's itv's 3hrs vs 3e's 2hrs

For me it's between Casey Abrams and Paul McDonald. I've not much interest in the female singers, because none of them stand out this year.

I thought Pia would there until near the end :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Piko

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Pia would there until near the end :eek:

Fabulous voice, but thought she was just a bit boring. There's been plenty like her on the show over the years - good looking, great voice but not enough character when she wasn't singing...

Poor Stefano's face when everyone was so upset that he was staying :P

Well final tonight with Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina

Advertisement