Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Circumcised?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭thebigleap

There are a lot of websites devoted to this subject, it is a huge issue in America: I think 40% in the US are no longer being snipped, and rising (ha). I think the percentage worldwide is 70% uncircumcised (at least it was a few years ago). My husband is, because 50 years ago in America that was the norm, but our son is not. Our dr agreed with our decision, even encouraged us not to do it.
    I read somewhere that circumcision began in America by some religious groups because they thought it would stop masturbation.

Yeah, that was a huge success.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Got it done when I was eight. Still remember my first bath after the operations, ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Nope, I'm still intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Why all the Jewish remarks... Muslim Men are also Circumcised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Everybody knows what Hula Hoops are, right?

Wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

edited - off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

sligopark wrote: »
    so is it only nigerians that chop the girly bits off or it this another refugee bluff?

And why can't any random wanker seek refugee status on the basis of their child's potential genital mutilation?

Nothing to do with this topic. Stay on Course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Nothing to do with this topic. Stay on Course.

good point - apologies - post edited

• Registered Users Posts: 33 graphy

I think that circumcision is completely outdated and that unless it's for medical reasons it should not be done. One of my friends' boyfriend was American and had it done. He told her that girls over there much prefer circumcised guys but girls in Europe think it's a bit vile. (Whatever you're used to, I guess) So, yeah, I like foreskin and unmutilated boy parts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

My poor nephew might have to get circumcised for medical reasons, it'll be a last resort though.
    Hopefully it won't come to that. Dunno how my sister'd explain to an 8 year old he'd have to get the top of his willy chopped off..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I'd imagine most girls would prefer circumcised penises. But if women are used to normal cawks then I guess a circumcised one would be quite freaky at first, but they would almost certainty prefer circumcised penises surely after they have "experienced" one? (in the face)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Fully intact Bloke here. I'll not be havin anyone chopping off
    any part of my willy thankyouvery much.

The ol foreskin protects the ol head of the penis when not in use, and slides/rolls back out of the way when in use.
    Not sure what the problem is leaving the thing alone to
    do the job it was bred for, ie ****ing the be-jesus out of anything human and female.

It all starts with the tip of the willy what if such traditions were to take off and expect you to saw an arm or leg off
    would we consider it more healthy and godlike

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

GrumPy wrote: »
    I'd imagine most girls would prefer circumcised penises. But if women are used to normal cawks then I guess a circumcised one would be quite freaky at first, but they would almost certainty prefer circumcised penises surely after they have "experienced" one? (in the face)

Why? What's to prefer? A penis is a penis. It's who it is attached to that is important.

Novella wrote: »
    Why? What's to prefer? A penis is a penis. It's who it is attached to that is important.

No foreskin therefore no possibility of cheese. Circumcised = cheese-less.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

I used to have foreskin before puberty but when my shlong started to grow my foreskin well...didn't. So now when I'm flacid my foreskin goes over the glands but not the japper!

Im a hybrid!

Horse_box wrote: »
    I used to have foreskin before puberty but when my shlong started to grow my foreskin well...didn't. So now when I'm flacid my foreskin goes over the glands but not the japper!

Im a hybrid!

Can you masturbate / sex without pain?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Horse_box wrote: »

Im a hybrid!

half a helmet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

GrumPy wrote: »
    No foreskin therefore no possibility of cheese. Circumcised = cheese-less.

Guys that shower properly=cheese-less

Guys that shower properly=cheese-less

True. I'm a nurse and I've seen both and I don't care what they look like as long as they're clean! Seriously there are a lot of myths here in the States about uncircumcised guys, like they get infections easily, etc. but as long as they are hygienic it shouldn't be a problem. Some people are prone to infections so there are exceptions, but most should be fine.

I did extra classes a few years ago and learned a LOT about this subject:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I don't know if it's my age group (late 20's), but I've never actually seen a non-circumcised penis?

Was it the norm back in the early 80's to circumcise?

• Advertisement

Don't know about the early '80's but my nephew was born in 1987 in the the west of Ireland and my sister said that no option was given by the medical staff to get it done; it was never even discussed.

Is it offered as an option there like it is over here? Or do you have to ask for it to be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

thebigleap wrote: »
    Don't know about the early '80's but my nephew was born in 1987 in the the west of Ireland and my sister said that no option was given by the medical staff to get it done; it was never even discussed. So at least in that hospital it wasn't normal procedure.

Surprised by the number of people in this thread who've actually had it done, born mid 80s myself and I don't know anybody who has.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

I broke me banjo so its lady choice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

thebigleap wrote: »
    Don't know about the early '80's but my nephew was born in 1987 in the the west of Ireland and my sister said that no option was given by the medical staff to get it done; it was never even discussed.

Is it offered as an option there like it is over here? Or do you have to ask for it to be done?

It is offered as an optional extra but not many people get it done.

Apparently less than 1% of Irish guys get it done and usually only for medical reasons. It says so on the internet so it must be right:rolleyes:

Sounds a little low, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

No Skin Vin, I'm carrying a Baldy

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's a ****ing rip off paying to have it done in this country, take that as a good tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Lived in Africa for a while.
    Stopped carrying out circumcisions on elephants after I found out it was the biggest drawback to living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

mikom wrote: »
    Lived in Africa for a while.
    Stopped carrying out circumcisions on elephants after I found out it was the biggest drawback to living there.

Oooohh. You just tried a little too hard work that one in.

I'm almost naturally circumcised. I never had the snip as a child but the aul head is never covered. I can pull it up over it but it just slides back after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I should have been clearer, really. Basically (squeamish people look away now) if I tried having sex without a johnny, there'd be an ungodly bloody mess to rival world wars. Think it's called phimosis medically.

You do know you can just get a cream for that? You don't actually need to mutilate your body. It's called betnovate, one of the most common prescription skin creams there are. You'll need a high concentration one. After a month, no more phimosis. Only involves a visit to your gp and a few quid. No consultants, no operations, no time off work, no incredible pain, no amputations, no embarrassment.

When people talk about "circumcision for medical reason", usually there are far less invasive treatments than chopping the offending part of your body off. But, hey, we're guys, it doesn't matter. Talk about circumcision on a girl, and it's a hugely controversial topic that only a "beast" would approve of. Yet doing it on a large scale to males is considered perfectly acceptable.

Advertisement