Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering Moving to Kill-opinions please?

Options
  • 30-07-2010 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi

First-time poster here. As the user name suggests myself and the husband are considering a move from Dublin to Kill. We are a young, newly married couple, no children yet-though they are definately on the cards for the future (please God!)

I suppose what I am asking is for any info people might have on Kill and living in Kill. I have been researching as much as possible online and have been down in the local pubs for lunch and a walk around..but would love to hear from people who live in or around the area.

I can see from the huge thread the problems with the dump....does not make for nice reading and we will definately have to take that into consideration. Is is still as bad now?

Any comments or advice (positive or negative) would be so greatly appreciated- this is the biggest decision we have ever had to make. :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I dont live in Kill but my girlfriend and best mate do and I spend a lot of time there. Tbh Kill is grand; lively but still reasonably quiet. Close to Naas, easy access to Dublin (on Bus Eireann route), couple of decent pubs (I prefer the Old House and the Late Lounge is a decent little club who get good comedy and music acts) and near to Naas/town if you want to head out properly, the Spar is a good shop as well, but again you are close to Naas for Tescos/Superquinn/Aldi/Lidl.

The dumps are an issue; the smell can be quite bad at times. It used to be worse, and the worst of the smell seems to be heading more towards Naas than Kill, but it is still a definate consideration. The best thing I can advise with regards this is visit Kill on either a very hot or very cold night and see what you think. That seems to be when it is at its worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The dump is at its worst on a very cold night. It does not bother me in the slightest. it is very quiet so that would have to be what you wanted. Personally, lived in Lucan before here. Totally different community type atmosphere in Kill. love Kill. Best move I ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Move2Kill?

Thanks so much for taking time to reply to me. Anewme how long are you living there now? Quiet really isnt a problem...we will still be working in Dublin so we really want to live somewhere chilled out. We are living in Tallaght at the minute and really dont like it.

Is there much of a community spirit kinda...like can you talk to your neighbours? Kinda concerned we'll be the newbies from Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I work in Dublin too (near Liffey Valley) so it takes me twenty minutes or so to get into work.

I wanted somewhere with more of a village feel that was not too far away from work/parents and this is it.

Am here about 3 years - I think. In my estate there is a great community spirit, there are lots of people here from Naas, Rathcoole, Tallaght, Clondalkin, Lucan, so you certainly wont be the odd one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Yeah there are a lot of Dubs living in Kill now so you wont be the odd ones out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Move2Kill?

Thanks for the replies...good to know we wont be the only dubs there! We've been spending as much time as we can down there over the past few days and I think we're begining to feel more confident in our decision.!

Now if we could only decide which house to put an offer in on....I honestly dont know how to deal with these adult decisions!! :confused:

Advertisement