Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry Meteor, What!?

Options
  • 30-07-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

So I moved to Meteor Billpay yesterday, a port from O2.

Stuck the sim card into my phone late last night at 8pm and barely used it since.

Logged onto meteor just now and seen this...

Bill.JPG

Sorry What?
    I've used 136 texts and 123 minutes already? EH NO!

So I went through my call history on Meteor.ie and i've only sent 5 non network texts and 8 minutes of non network calls. WTF?

It also says i've used my 3.86 gigs of data...
    Again I added it up using the the log history on Meteor site and its actually only 7848 kilobytes. (7.7mb)

Anyone else experience this? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

This is normal, its pro rata. If you sign up halfway through a billing period, then you will only have 50% of the monthly allowance remaining to use..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

i had the same...signed up and had only certain % of the calls.texts and data

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Your billing date is the 10th. All your minutes etc reset on that date. You signed up on the 30th so you will have about 30% of your minutes for 30% of the normal monthly price until Aug 10th. Your first bill will be bigger than normal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Normal, it's all done on a pro-rata basis. From your next billing cycle onwards you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

After having a brief read of this thread, it got me thinking about Meteors Bill pay plans.

Now please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I can see the minutes that come with your plan are pro-rated over your monthly billing period.

But what if I use all my 200 minutes in the last week of the billing period?
    By then, according to this pro-rata system I would only have 50 minutes left.
    Would the extra 150 minutes be outside my plan at that point? And would I be charged extra for those?

I suppose I'm of the opinion that if I paid for 200 minutes I want to use those 200 minutes when I need to.

Three are looking more and more appealing with their flexi units.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Thanks CM, if they were pro-rating my minutes I'd be leaving for Three or Voda

Advertisement