Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema Club Voting #3: 80s kids vs 90s kids vs Tom Cruise

Options
  • 30-07-2010 12:09pm

This is the voting for the next meeting of the Cinema Club that will be taking place on the 10th of August. There will be some changes to this meet because a wildcard movie will be introduced - the movie that came second from the previous vote but in addition you will be able to vote on which cinema you would like to see it in. So don't forget to vote for that as well

The epic face-off between the 80s kids and the 90s kids when the A-Team and Karate Kid go up against Toy Story 3, which is the wildcard from the previous meet, with Tom Cruise joining in the fight.

Here are the films that you will be voting for:

The Karate Kid
    Cast
    Jaden Smith, Jackie Chan
    Plot
    Work causes a single mother to move to China with her young son; in his new home, the boy embraces kung fu, taught to him by a master
    Trailer

The A-Team
    Cast
    Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson, Sharlto Copley
    Plot
    A group of Iraq War veterans looks to clear their name with the U.S. military, who suspect the four men of committing a crime for which they were framed
    Trailer

Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore 3D
    Cast
    James Marsden, Nick Nolte, Christina Applegate, Neil Patrick Harris
    Plot
    The ongoing war between the canine and feline species is put on hold when they join forces to thwart a rogue cat spy with her own sinister plans for conquest
    Trailer

Step-Up 3 3D
    Cast
    Alyson Stoner Side-note: teeheehee at her name, Sharni Vinson, Rick Malambri
    Plot
    A tight-knit group of New York City street dancers, including Luke (Malambri) and Natalie (Vinson), team up with NYU freshman Moose (Sevani), and find themselves pitted against the world's best hip hop dancers in a high-stakes showdown that will change their lives forever
    Trailer

Knight & Day
    Cast
    Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz
    Plot
    June Havens finds her everyday life tangled with that of a secret agent who has realized he isn't supposed to survive his latest mission
    Trailer

WILD CARD
    Toy Story 3
    Cast
    Tom Hanks, Tim Allen
    Plot
    The toys are mistakenly delivered to a day-care center instead of the attic right before Andy leaves for college, and it's up to Woody to convince the other toys that they weren't abandoned and to return home.
    Trailer

Which movie and which cinema? 34 votes

Omniplex
    0%
    Eye Cinema
    11%
    SeanehFlojo3fullbackhigamos hogamos 4 votes
    The Karate Kid
    38%
    TerrorFirmermuppetkiller[Deleted User]Zeouterlimits[Deleted User]civis_liberalisHyperbulletbrainyneuronMartty81spender.jjames00xbaldshinColumc 13 votes
    The A-Team
    11%
    [Deleted User]civis_liberalisspender.jjames00x 4 votes
    Knight and Day
    23%
    TerrorFirmermuppetkillerZeouterlimitsHyperbulletbrainyneuronMartty81spender.jColumc 8 votes
    Step-Up 3-D
    11%
    TerrorFirmercivis_liberalisspender.jColumc 4 votes
    Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
    0%
    Wild Card: Toy Story 3
    2%
    civis_liberalis 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Having seen it, i'd reccomend the A-Team for anyone that has fond memories of the TV show, it's a far better reworking of something I loved as a kid than the 3 new star warss. It's over the top and the plot makes no sense but the actors all did fine jobs of capturing their respective characters, it's funny and doesn't take itself seriously at all (which makes it just like the original!)

The A-Team
    I heard quite mixed things about the A-Team though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

I was listening to TodayFM, and they were talking about these films,
    The A-Team got a pretty bad review, they said the editing wasn't great, in a way that, you never got the time to get to like any of the guys, any of the good scence like a flying tank was over before you even got into it, they both said it was v dissapointing,
    the karate kid was the usual story, but again, just kinda blah..
    Sorry if I ruined anything for any body, just passing on what I heard.
    The Tom cruise thing looks at least orginal, and Cameron is in it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Wild Card: Toy Story 3
    Lol@ omniplex "votes"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

The Karate Kid
    Just a reminder to the cinema club that the little cinema is on tomorrow night,Tuesday 3rd at 9pm in kellys.hope to see a few of ye there for a good night!

• Advertisement

The A-Team
    Unfortunately I won't be around tomorrow as I will be out of the city but definitely recommend people go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Step-Up 3-D
    baldshin wrote: »
    Just a reminder to the cinema club that the little cinema is on tomorrow night,Tuesday 3rd at 9pm in kellys.hope to see a few of ye there for a good night!

i'm out of touch. what's little cinema?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Little Cinema is a showcase of short films held every month in Kellys, more info here - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=118066508228177&ref=search

The A-Team
    Some incredible shorts get screened as well!

Interesting voting right now. Turning into a face off between Toy Story 3 and the A-Team!

Don't forget that this is open to everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Knight and Day
    If it does end being the Eye Cinema & A-Team, I'll be happy to join in this time (missed the last two due to having already seen them).

• Advertisement

The A-Team
    It's a really close battle between Toy Story 3 and the A-Team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Having seen Toy Story 3 a few a few days ago, I wouldn't really recommend it. It's a bit too childish compared to something like Shrek

The A-Team
    Really? I thought Shrek would've been a lot more child-like compared to Toy Story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Step-Up 3-D
    f1dan wrote: »
    Having seen Toy Story 3 a few a few days ago, I wouldn't really recommend it. It's a bit too childish compared to something like Shrek

Anyone I heard who sen Toy Story recommended it to me, and also saying that it really isn't for young children, with some even crying during the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

f1dan wrote: »

Are you shítting me? Toy Story 3 is very dark and emotional! I was actually blown away in parts about how much of an adult subtext there was. I had heard that it was aimed more towards to audience that would have seen Toy Story 2 in the cinema when it was released. Didn't realise how much so though until I saw it.

Awesome awesome film by the way.

The A-Team
    Still only 1 point separates A-Team and Toy Story 3.

The Wild Cards are the movies that came in second from the previous vote, however the same movie cannot be a wild card twice. So if Toy Story 3 comes in second, the Wild Card for the next meet will be the movie that came in third, which at the moment is Knight & Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Step-Up 3-D
    any way to retract my vote for A-team? :) really want Toy Story 3 to win.

The A-Team
    Not that I'm aware of. Don't think you can. Make sure you just get people to vote for Toy Story 3 - otherwise it won't be in the running for the next meet.

The Karate Kid
    Really need everyone to vote toy story! Haven't seen it yet and was relying on this to save me going on my own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭higamos hogamos

Eye Cinema
    Are you shítting me? Toy Story 3 is very dark and emotional! I was actually blown away in parts about how much of an adult subtext there was. I had heard that it was aimed more towards to audience that would have seen Toy Story 2 in the cinema when it was released. Didn't realise how much so though until I saw it.

Awesome awesome film by the way.

Agreed.

I think Pixar hit the ball right out of the park with Toy Story 3. I'd say it's the best movie I've seen all year. It gives both spectrums of the emotions, at one point I was crying with laughter. Twenty minutes later I was consumed by a fidgety dread over the fate of a set of fictional, computer generated, toys.

Some of the themes the movie deals with are about as far removed from regular childrens films content as you could ever hope to be.

To each their own I suppose, but how anyone, for a single second, could regard Shrek as somehow more adult is beyond me.

• Advertisement

The A-Team
    It is currently even between Toy Story 3 and The A-Team. The poll will be concluded on Sunday at midday. If there is still a tie, I will start a new poll (if the mods are OK with it) on Sunday evening that will be concluded on Monday evening.

The A-Team
    Still a tie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Step-Up 3-D
    A-team, A-Team, A-Team...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Knight and Day
    Still a tie.

YOU'RE a tie.....

Hopefully make this meet up, will need to chillax after work.

The A-Team
    YOU'RE a tie.....

Hopefully make this meet up, will need to chillax after work.

No you're a towel.

Wait, that's not right.

Toy Story 3 is now ahead by 1. Poll doesn't close til Sunday midday though, so there's still time to get those votes in!

The A-Team
    Bump just to get the last votes in.

The A-Team
    And the winner is...

Toy Story 3 with the Eye Cinema being the one you voted for. So the wildcard for the next meet will be the A-Team.

Toy Story 3 will be both in 2D at 6:30 and 3D at 7:00, so do people have a preference as to which one they want to see it in - 2D or 3D?

The Karate Kid
    I'd go with 2d-i hear 3d for it isn't worth it,add that to extra cost and annoying glasses. though the time for 3d suits better!

The A-Team
    So thats one for 2D at 6:30. Anyone else? I don't mind either way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Step-Up 3-D
    I'm fine with 2D, I wasn't sure if i'd go to Toy Story but I reckon I should give it a try... Will it make a difference that I haven't seen the first 2? :o

Advertisement