Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bite marks on cats tail

Options
  • 30-07-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, I have a male cat, who is nuteured. But anytime we let him out recently he comes back with lumps on his tail after being biten by another cat we assume. Each time he comes back he has to be kept inside for about a week to let it heal and then he comes back with another one. Is there any way of stopping this or this normal?? I havent got this problem with any of the other cats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Are they definitely bites? Lumps could be any number of things...would you consider getting a vet to confirm? I'm wondering if they might be alergies or something? Its a bit unusual that a cat wouldn't learn to just avoid another cat that bullies it - a neighbour's cat near us is a bit agressive & so my cats just stick to my yard or else just avoid it.

If your cat hasn't learned to avoid the cat it is fighting with, then maybe you would have to look at securing your garden? Or else building a cat run? Expensive options I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

MsFifers wrote: »
    Are they definitely bites? Lumps could be any number of things...would you consider getting a vet to confirm? I'm wondering if they might be alergies or something? Its a bit unusual that a cat wouldn't learn to just avoid another cat that bullies it - a neighbour's cat near us is a bit agressive & so my cats just stick to my yard or else just avoid it.

If your cat hasn't learned to avoid the cat it is fighting with, then maybe you would have to look at securing your garden? Or else building a cat run? Expensive options I know!

Yea there definetly bite marks, my vets have confirmed this and shown us how to treat them. The cat i think is doing it keeps coming into our garden and aggrevating my poor little fellas. Is this not a bit cruel though having cat runs cos i no my buddy likes going on his adventures??

Advertisement