Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France to expel Roma illegals - should we follow?

Options
  • 30-07-2010 12:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Sarkozy targets Roma for explusion

LEIGH PHILLIPS
    29.07.2010 @ 09:33 CET

French President Nicolas Sarkozy on Wednesday (28 July) announced his government is to order police to round up allegedly illegal migrants of Roma ethnicity for expulsion from French territory and destroy their encampments.

The announcement was the result of a cabinet meeting dedicated to the subject called after officers shot and killed a gypsy youth in the Loire Valley, provoking a riot by others of his community.

The new initiative will make it easier for authorities to expel migrants for "public order" offenses.

Mr Sarkozy said that Roma encampments established illegally "will be systematically evacuated."

After the meeting, interior minister Brice Hortefeux announced the schedule of round-ups: "Within the next three months, half of the illegal camps will be dismantled — camps and squats — that is to say some 300."

Europe minister Pierre Lelouche accused "Roma crime" of climbing "140% each year in Paris since 2007."

The president's office put out a statement accusing the camps of being "sources of illegal trafficking, of profoundly shocking living standards, of exploitation of children for begging, of prostitution and crime".

He said that the rioters would be "severely punished". …

The French Human Rights League accused the president of racism, saying in a statement: "The president of the republic has stigmatised Roma and ‘travelling people' in a racist way, by creating an unacceptable amalgamation of a few individuals with entire communities, and announcing plans for ethnically targeted evictions of illegal settlements."…

Euobserver

I think we will inevitably have to do the same as the Germans are doing it aswell which will put pressure on other countries to take them.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Roma don't play in France.

Soccer forum >>>>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Short anwser... yes...

Long answer... erm... not a racist... no buts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Why the fook would we want to follow the French at anything?

*remembers Meath v Louth*

Eh, ok - I dunno.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Have we not already done that?
    Traffic roundabout abodes in dublin a few years back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

why not

ibtl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

They took our jobs.

Oh no wait..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Elevator wrote: »
    why not

ibtl

Absolutely.

Racist my arse! Saying Roma people like thieving is like saying Irish people like drinking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

****ing americans, they're so right wing and evil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

When I was living in France, they were camped up by the river. Couldn't get off the island I lived on without being hassled for money. They were in the Metro stations asking for money for a ticket. Romas there are worse than Romas here, by quite a way.

IBTL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Yes we should, I'm moving to France. Loving their work lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Serious answer - anyone here illegally should be deported. If you want to move to any country obey their laws.
    AH answer - even before I knew it was bears I knew it was immigants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Yeah get them out the make me sick!

"please, change, baby, sir, please"

"No I'm not changing your ****ing baby. Learn english you smelly, shower curtain covered mess!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

As much as I'm not a big fan of the Roma gypsys, I don't think singling out one ethnicity is the best way to bring forth togetherness and stuff like that. Making people feel excluded doesn't get anything done. It would make a lot more sense for all countries to say no job,no fixed abode, go home and for that to go for all immigrants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

of course they should, they dont make any contribution to the country, only drain its scarce resources

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

YES!!!!!

All they're good for is stealing & begging, neither of which are appealing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I believe that he should be deporting ALL illegals within the confines of the law but if he is JUST picking on the Roma's - although maybe with justification - I am a bit unsure of how right he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I admire Sarkozy for his take no crap attitude.
    First the burkha, and now this.

The Roma contribute nothing to society. Their society is based around crime. They are, in my opinion, nothing but pests.

Kudos to the French for once again doing the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Brendog wrote: »
    "please, change, baby, sir, please"

While she pinches the baby to make it cry.

'fuuuuthhe fur baby please lady..'

Fcuk up you scamming cow, baby has plenty of food and stop pinching the poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The French are really getting it together these days and they're right to be doing it. Fair play for them for dispensing with the silly PC nonsense and bringing in sometimes controversial measures to protect their country, culture and people from anything they don't like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Yes. Not a systematic round up, but I would agree that any body suspected of any sort of criminal or anti-social behaviour, no matter how minor, and found to be illegal here should be deported (along with family in case of minors). Roma or anyone else.

One thing!

...If they are moving out, where are they heading to next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jebus Darkman if you had your way the only people left here would be short gingers with freckles who sleep with a copy of Bunreacht Na Heireann under thier pillow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

My problem is that if, as usual, Ireland lags behind then the Roma expelled from Germany and France will want to stay in the EU and may see Ireland as the softest touch. Which it is in many ways even in recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

KerranJast wrote: »
    Serious answer - anyone here illegally should be deported. If you want to move to any country obey their laws.
    AH answer - even before I knew it was bears I knew it was immigants.

Romania is in the E.U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Biggins wrote: »
    I believe that he should be deporting ALL illegals within the confines of the law but if he is JUST picking on the Roma's - although maybe with justification - I am a bit unsure of how right he is.

He is aware that any move against any other illegals will have the streets of Paris and Marsielle alight

• Registered Users Posts: 24,051 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is he full of bluster on this occasion, just to improve his election chances next time round? If the Roma are all EU citizens, he'll have his work cut out to get anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

orourkeda wrote: »
    Romania is in the E.U

you cant be serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Yes we should, I'm moving to France. Loving their work lately.

Hurry up and do so, then. All talk, no action as usual from the armchair xenophobes.

• Advertisement

Kasabian wrote: »
    He is aware that any move against any other illegals will have the streets of Paris and Marseilles alight
    Maybe so and I agree with others that a lot of the Roma are basically a nightmare imported.
    Thank heaves we are an island or the problem could be much worse here.

Advertisement