Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France to expel Roma illegals - should we follow?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

Narim wrote: »
    Actually the guy is Jewish. It seems the jews don't like the Roma because they can't control us like they control the rest of the world...

first post anti-semetic - i want to say thats awesome, but it's only awesome in a 'you're probably still in an asylum' kinda way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

We should tell Sarcozy to go home to Israel.. He doesn't belong in France either....

seriously, you just signed up to see how far you can get slagging jews didn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Narim

prinz wrote: »
    Actually he's baptised Roman Catholic.:rolleyes:

I wasn't talking about religion when I sad he is jewish.. his race is jewish.. israelite.. or whatever you would like the race to be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

mike kelly wrote: »
    has anyone tried to get to know some Roma? maybe invite them around for tea and biscuits and listen to their point of view

I'm currently living in Belfast, and I regularly chat with one of the local Roma women I see selling The Big Issue. What she's told me basically echoes what I've heard from some community groups: whole families live in single rooms in a house, they aren't eligible for benefits or any kind of state aid, so they mainly make a living by begging (if you could call it that; it isn't much), most local people hate them, and if they had enough money to buy a ticket to go home, they would.

I wasn't talking about religion when I sad he is jewish.. his race is jewish.. israelite.. or whatever you would like the race to be..

This is not racism.. this is to make you aware that if he want's us Romas to go, what about him? If he believes the Roma doesn't belong in France what about him? It has nothing to do with racism but everything to do with him being racist against us.. and as a jewish person he should know it better.. right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

(a) Judaism isn't a race. (b) He's not Jewish (c) He's not Israeli.
    ... and if they had enough money to buy a ticket to go home, they would.

..and yet offer to send them home on the cheap and it's 'ethnic cleansing' or some such.
    This is not racism.. this is to make you aware that if he want's us Romas to go, what about him? If he believes the Roma doesn't belong in France what about him? It has nothing to do with racism but everything to do with him being racist against us.. and as a jewish person he should know it better.. right?

He IS NOT JEWISH. Not that it would be relevant either way.

..and yet offer to send them home on the cheap and it's 'ethnic cleansing' or some such.

Forcibly deporting people and voluntary return programs are two completely different issues. Sarkozy is talking about the former.

That said, if somebody wants to leave, I don't think the state is obliged to pay for it - it's a bit of a 'tough ****' situation. Although in this case, the Roma in question are Romanian, and I don't think their consulate is very helpful.

(a) Judaism isn't a race. (b) He's not Jewish (c) He's not Israeli.

He IS NOT JEWISH. Not that it would be relevant either way.

of course it is relevant.. the Jews claim to be on our side.. so what side are they on?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You'd have more of a point arguing that as a criminal of Eastern European origin he should send himself back...

Forcibly deporting people and voluntary return programs are two completely different issues. Sarkozy is talking about the former..

...because they are illegally in France. What next..make prison voluntary? We could put you in prison for committing a crime, but we'd be the bad guy, instead we'd appreciate it if you volunteered to go to prison. Yes, I can see the logic and rationale behind that alright.

• Advertisement

of course it is relevant.. the Jews claim to be on our side.. so what side are they on?

The mind boggles.

You'd have more of a point arguing that as a criminal of Eastern European origin he should send himself back...

lol

...because they are illegally in France. What next..make prison voluntary? We could put you in prison for committing a crime, but we'd be the bad guy, instead we'd appreciate it if you volunteered to go to prison. Yes, I can see the logic and rationale behind that alright.

You are the one who drew a parallel to the deportation argument. I was talking about Roma in a completely different country and context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Any chance we could dress up some of our Travellers as Romas and send them packing too? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

Get em all out sooner rather than later cause the scourge is only goin to get worse when they learn the law of the land. They are disgusting horrible people. I feel sorry for the genuine homeless who are going hungry because these people are turning society against the homeless in general

bigbadbear wrote: »
    Get em all out sooner rather than later cause the scourge is only goin to get worse when they learn the law of the land. They are disgusting horrible people. I feel sorry for the genuine homeless who are going hungry because these people are turning society against the homeless in general

"bigbadbear has not made any friends yet".. I wonder why? He is soo kind..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

bigbadbear wrote: »

A scourge? Hyperbole much.

Personally targetting one ethnic group like this is clearly racist. The only reason as stated by several other is that Sarkosy is trying to appeal to, well... people are racists. If he was truly concerend about illegal immigrants, he would target all of them, and not a group who are hated. Its typical bull**** populism from a politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Whoops, ended up on stormfront when I mean to go to AH.

Oh wait, what's that logo on the top-left corner?

Hmm....

wes wrote: »
    A scourge? Hyperbole much.

Personally targetting one ethnic group like this is clearly racist. The only reason as stated by several other is that Sarkosy is trying to appeal to, well... people are racists. If he was truly concerend about illegal immigrants, he would target all of them, and not a group who are hated. Its typical bull**** populism from a politician.

Wes, right on! This is the first inteligent comment I saw so far on this site..

Personally targetting one ethnic group like this is clearly racist..

Can you for once explain why only two thirds of the illegal sites referenced to be closed down are Roma? There is a difference between law abiding, hard working illegal immigrants in lawful appropriate housing and people who continually and openly break the law by establishing illegal settlements on public or private land.

• Advertisement

Can you for once explain why only two thirds of the illegal sites referenced to be closed down are Roma? There is a difference between law abiding, hard working illegal immigrants in lawful appropriate housing and people who continually and openly break the law by establishing illegal settlements on public or private land.

Sarkozy didn't have time to close down all of them yet.. he will.. can't you figure that out by yourself? Maybe ask Jesus... he will tell you.. :D

Sarkozy didn't have time to close down all of them yet.. he will.. can't you figure that out by yourself? Maybe ask Jesus... he will tell you.. :D

Still not making much sense, maybe you should ask the Wizard of Oz for something.

Still not making much sense, maybe you should ask the Wizard of Oz for something.

Prinz, your hate is obvious for Gypsies.. are you an illigal Turkish guest worker or something in France? :eek:

I think I'll open a room... "Why do you hate Gypsies?" So you can list what you hate about them...

Can you for once explain why only two thirds of the illegal sites referenced to be closed down are Roma?

If that is the case, why mentioned the Roma at all then? Surely, just referring to illiegal immigrants who are living on illegal sites, would be more apt, and you know not racist.
    There is a difference between law abiding, hard working illegal immigrants in lawful appropriate housing and people who continually and openly break the law by establishing illegal settlements on public or private land.

Sarkozy singled out one ethnic group over another which is racist. I fail to see how that is complicated. He did not single out people based on behaviour but rather race, and he invoked the whole race thing to appeal to racists imho.

If that is the case, why mentioned the Roma at all then? Surely, just referring to illiegal immigrants who are living on illegal sites, would be more apt, and you know not racist. Sarkozy singled out one ethnic group over another which is racist. I fail to see how that is complicated.

Simply because they make up the majority of the settlements being referred to. God forbid you mention anyone these days, it's obviously racism if you do. :rolleyes:
    He did not single out people based on behaviour but rather race, and he invoked the whole race thing to appeal to racists imho.

No, he singled out people based on the legality of their presence in France. I didn't see anything affecting Roma legally resident in France whatsoever. Perhaps you could point it out?

Simply because they make up the majority of the settlements being referred to. God forbid you mention anyone these days, it's obviously racism if you do. :rolleyes:

Oh please, yes it is racist. They could very easily just mention the behaviour and achieve the exact same result. No need to appeal to racists, by stigmitizing a ethnic groups which is already hated by a great many.
    No, he singled out people based on the legality of their presence in France. I didn't see anything affecting Roma legally resident in France whatsoever. Perhaps you could point it out?

No, he singled out the Roma people who are the illegally, specifically. If what you were saying was true, there would be no mention of the Roma at all. It would just mention illegal immigrants, but seeing as a ethnic group is being singled out, it is hence racist.

Oh please, yes it is racist. They could very easily just mention the behaviour and achieve the exact same result. No need to appeal to racists, by stigmitizing a ethnic groups which is already hated by a great many.

Clutching at straws again. What happens if a boatload of illegal immigrants from a certain ethnic group, a certain country, a certain religion and so on turn up om beach in Wexford. Would it be racist/discriminatory to mention where they came from, what nationality/religion they are? This is turning more and more into something from Fawlty Towers. He did mention the behaviour, he mentioned the illegal camps and problems associated, of which the majority are Roma.
    No, he singled out the Roma people who are the illegally, specifically. If what you were saying was true, there would be no mention of the Roma at all. It would just mention illegal immigrants, but seeing as a ethnic group is being singled out, it is hence racist.

...because they make up the majority of the population of these illegal camps. He did mention amending the laws to make the process of deporting all illegal immigrants simpler, no mention of Roma there whatsoever.

No, he singled out people based on the legality of their presence in France. I didn't see anything affecting Roma legally resident in France whatsoever. Perhaps you could point it out?[/QUOTE]

When a race of people singled out every Roma is affected, including those who are legally there..

What nationality are you Prinz? How would you like your race to be hated and singled out?

• Advertisement

What nationality are you Prinz? How would you like your race to be hated and singled out?

I'm Irish. I have no issues whatsoever if for example the Americans say they are going to crack down on illegal Irish and deport them.

Advertisement