Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France to expel Roma illegals - should we follow?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

prinz wrote: »
    Clutching at straws again.

No, just calling it as I see it.
    What happens if a boatload of illegal immigrants from a certain ethnic group, a certain country, a certain religion and so on turn up om beach in Wexford. Would it be racist/discriminatory to mention where they came from, what nationality/religion they are? This is turning more and more into something from Fawlty Towers. He did mention the behaviour, he mentioned the illegal camps and problems associated, of which the majority are Roma.

Then why no mention of the other groups, why just mention one? Oh, wait its because it is popular amongst racsits to hate the Roma, and he was trying to appeal to those idiots. If Sarkozy has an issue with illegal immigrants, then I would expect him to target all of them, and not just the groups its popular to hate on.
    ...because they make up the majority of the population of these illegal camps. He did mention amending the laws to make the process of deporting all illegal immigrants simpler, no mention of Roma there whatsoever.

Let look at some of the statements form the OP's quoted article:
    Europe minister Pierre Lelouche accused "Roma crime" of climbing "140% each year in Paris since 2007."

"Roma" crime, pretty much says it all imho. I have never heard the term, White crime, Chinese crime, or Asian crime.

@Narim, can't reply to your PM, as you account on here doesn't accept them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

I'm Irish. I have no issues whatsoever if for example the Americans say they are going to crack down on illegal Irish and deport them.

the Irish are deported every week from the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Narim

I'm Irish. I have no issues whatsoever if for example the Americans say they are going to crack down on illegal Irish and deport them.

I'm kind of disapointed you are Irish.. every Irish I met so far here in Aussie are like Wes. Very inteligent people.. except the guy in US on fox .. what's his name?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

wes wrote: »
    No, just calling it as I see it.

Through those tinted specs again.
    Then why no mention of the other groups, why just mention one? Oh, wait its because it is popular amongst racsits to hate the Roma, and he was trying to appeal to those idiots. If Sarkozy has an issue with illegal immigrants, then I would expect him to target all of them, and not just the groups its popular to hate on..

He IS TARGETTING THEM ALL. Hence the call to change the laws on deportation for all illegal immigrants. The illegal camps are a seperate issue, and if the majority of them are Roma, then call it like you see it as you said above.
    "Roma" crime, pretty much says it all imho. I have never heard the term, White crime, Chinese crime, or Asian crime.

Suppose we better not mention Irish mob, Italian mafia, Russian mafia either then.

moonpurple wrote: »
    the Irish are deported every week from the US

Yeah they are, had a family member deported a few months back. Couldn't give a toss if the US authorities put more resources into catching and deporting illegal Irish, at the expense of another nationality that may only have a handful of illegals in the States. Put your resources where they are needed most and don't be afraid to say it.
    Narim wrote: »
    I'm kind of disapointed you are Irish.. every Irish I met so far here in Aussie are like Wes. Very inteligent people.. except the guy in US on fox .. what's his name?

Perhaps you should ask them to explain to you what a Jew is.

• Advertisement

He IS TARGETTING THEM ALL. Hence the call to change the laws on deportation for all illegal immigrants. The illegal camps are a seperate issue, and if the majority of them are Roma, then call it like you see it as you said above.

Suppose we better not mention Irish mob, Italian mafia, Russian mafia either then.

When they say "irish mob" it obvious they only mention a few people.. When they say Italian mafia, it's also abvious they don't mean all italians.. and so is the russian mafia.. but if they would say the iraland consist of irish mobs, or all italians are mafia, it's a different story and that's what sarkozy is doing..

When they say "irish mob" it obvious they only mention a few people.. When they say Italian mafia, it's also abvious they don't mean all italians.. and so is the russian mafia.. but if they would say the iraland consist of irish mobs, or all italians are mafia, it's a different story and that's what sarkozy is doing..

It's obvious from the context that it means some of these people. Could you point out where Sarkozy said ALL Roma are illegally in France, or where ALL Roma were involved in criminal behaviour?

According to you.

No, Roma's were very clearly singled out, hence why he brought them up, and comments about "Roma crime" from one of his Ministers.

Those terms refer directly to criminal groups.

A term like "Roma crime", isn't referring to a criminal group (as no such group known as Roma crime exists), but to Roma's in general. So not quite the same.

Perhaps you should ask them to explain to you what a Jew is.[/QUOTE]

What is a Jew? I think you.. :D

except the guy in US on fox .. what's his name?

Bill O'Reilly? The last name doesnt make him Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

O'Really?
    :D

Ah, yeah, thanks.. no, he is.. few Irish people wrote to him, how much they are ashamed of him being Irish..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,051 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ah, yeah, thanks.. no, he is.. few Irish people wrote to him, how much they are ashamed of him being Irish..

They must be particularly thick, because he's American.

No, Roma's were very clearly singled out, hence why he brought them up, and comments about "Roma crime" from one of his Ministers..

Because they make up the majority of the illegal camps being targetted. State the bleeding obvious.
    A term like "Roma crime", isn't referring to a criminal group (as no such group known as Roma crime exists), but to Roma's in general. So not quite the same.

No, it refers to crime committed by Roma.
    What is a Jew? I think you.. :D

:rolleyes:

Because they make up the majority of the illegal camps being targetted. State the bleeding obvious.

:rolleyes:

Prinz, there is nothing in the world that will convince you other then what you believe.. so be it.. follow the pass of O'really .. :cool:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They must be particularly thick, because he's American.

In fairness you are discussing this with someone who not long ago suggested Sarkozy the Jew be deported to Israel because one of his grandfathers IIRC was originally a Jew from Greece, despite the fact that the man later moved to France and converted to Catholicism. I see the connection there alright.

Singling out a single ethnic group is racism, now that is obvious.

Yeah, some how I don't believe that.

Singling out a single ethnic group is racism, now that is obvious..

So if tomorrow the Minister of Justice decides the Gardaí should clamp down on Chinese criminal gangs, that's racism? So you'd rather believe the term 'Roma crime' actually refers to all Roma, legal and illegal in France, law abiding, and criminals etc etc.... and still claim you can see the obvious..

Prinz, there is nothing in the world that will convince you other then what you believe.. so be it.. follow the pass of O'really .. :cool:

Are you a Borat impressionist?:confused:

What is Borat?

• Advertisement

So if tomorrow the Minister of Justice decides the Gardaí should clamp down on Chinese criminal gangs, that's racism? So you'd rather believe the term 'Roma crime' actually refers to all Roma, legal and illegal in France, law abiding, and criminals etc etc.... and still claim you can see the obvious..

Well, I would prefer that he decided to clamp down on all of them. I see no reason to pick and choose which criminal gangs to clamp down based on race. Doesn't make any sense to me.

What is Borat?

I'll take that as a "yes" then.

Well, I would prefer that he decided to clamp down on all of them. I see no reason to pick and choose which criminal gangs to clamp down based on race. Doesn't make any sense to me.

It's more cost-effective to target one criminal gang at a time, or resources are spread too thinly trying to deal with all of them at the same time.

People don't pick based on race, they pick based on where resources are most urgently needed. I suppose the gardaí shouldn't focus on gangland crime either, at the expense of pickpockets. Or people smuggling gangs at the expense of fish poaching.

Nicolas Sarkozy’s Jewish Heritage

http://www.pascalsview.com/pascalsview/2007/05/nicolas-sarkozys-jewish-heritage.html

See if Sarkozy is jewish or not..

The new President of France has strong Jewish ethnic origins and understands the roots of Zionism and the case for the existence of Israel. Below, I have excerpted parts of an article written by Raanan Eliaz in the European Jewish Press that outlines the Sarkozy family’s origins and experience during the Holocaust. There is plenty of debate over whether Sarkozy’s Jewish ethnicity will materially influence French policies in the Middle East.

Puting this question aside, but drawing on my own family history and my father’s negative experiences with French anti-Semitism, in my view it’s a big deal that someone of Nicolas Sarkozy’s background, who is also a vocal supporter of improved relations with the United States, is the new leader of France. Bonne Chance, Monsieur President!

Sarkozy is against anti semitism.. so he starts racism against Romas.. I wonder..

O'Really?
    :D

Ya Really

(need to revive that meme)

:rolleyes: head wall... head wall.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It's more cost-effective to target one criminal gang at a time, or resources are spread too thinly trying to deal with all of them at the same time.

Great, so perhaps the criteria for tackling them should be based on lets say something like how dangerous they are, as opposed to there race.

• Advertisement

People don't pick based on race

Ok, then why did you mention Chinese gangs then? Who care if the criminals just so happen to be Chinese? I fail to see how that changes anything.

Advertisement