Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France to expel Roma illegals - should we follow?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I've worked with some 'normal' Romanians, if I can call them that and their grand. The ****ing gypies though, shower of ***** should be deported straightaway, although this is Ireland so some Romanian will be on the radio saying she's reared her children here and then there will be human right people giving out.
    A police state approach is what is needed with these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭donkey balls

although romania gained entry into the EU there people still need a work permit/visa to reside here,like bookworn i have them living in my estate with their house paid by the HSE and the noise off them inconsiderate b,stads while there neighbours have to go to work.

my mate is a gaurd based in town and the stories he told me about the ones that camped out on the ballymun roundabout all the time he had them in court,yet the papers would not pick up on the story:rolleyes:.

when i used to be going to belfast at about4/5 in the morning i used to go up onto the balymun go around it blasting the air horn on my truck to give the cnuts a wake up call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭last name ever. first name greatest

Terry wrote: »

Without wishing to sound racist,</>

/not a racist. <<<<<<

I stand by my opinion.

OK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The Roman Catholic Church was suppressed throughout Poland because historically it had been one of the primary supporters of Polish nationalist forces fighting for Poland's independence from outside domination.
    ... not merely because they were catholic. Plenty of nazis were catholic themselves. I think this notion that catholics were a target of the nazis might stem from some far-right organisations' hatred of catholics, e.g. the KKK.
    sligopark wrote:
    may have been catholic (ie WAS) and YES did target catholics for gassing but hey today given the witch hunt on catholicism its not PC to point this out
    Not true. And also that's not what "politically correct" means.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

VinnyTGM wrote: »
    I've worked with some 'normal' Romanians, if I can call them that and their grand. The ****ing gypies though, shower of ***** should be deported straightaway, although this is Ireland so some Romanian will be on the radio saying she's reared her children here and then there will be human right people giving out.
    A police state approach is what is needed with these people.
    although romania gained entry into the EU there people still need a work permit/visa to reside here,like bookworn i have them living in my estate with their house paid by the HSE and the noise off them inconsiderate b,stads while there neighbours have to go to work.

my mate is a gaurd based in town and the stories he told me about the ones that camped out on the ballymun roundabout all the time he had them in court,yet the papers would not pick up on the story:rolleyes:.

when i used to be going to belfast at about4/5 in the morning i used to go up onto the balymun go around it blasting the air horn on my truck to give the cnuts a wake up call.

Roma gypsies are not exclusively Romanian.
    Similar name, but not the same people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Are they gone yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

I'm not a big fan of the french. Find them to often be arrogant gits, but they are hitting the right notes these days.

I'd surround the camps and shoot them. Then the decent romanian won't have to deal with them if they decide to come back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Its still hilarious how posters who post personal experiences of said group are labelled implied racists.
    Look PC brigade, there is a serious problem within the Roma community with begging and not so nice stuff, deal with it.

I'm still wondering why said Roma are not deported from here after their 3 month holiday has expired. France has a good policy on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I would like to thank "Donkey Balls" for clarifying the legal status of those from Romania who wish to work in this country. Neither Bulgaria or Romania were given unfettered freedom of movement when they joined the union in 2007. This is fair game. Particularly given the relatively precarious nature of both countries internal affairs.

Second, the term "racist" has been bandied about quite a bit on this thread. I would suggest that all of those who would brand those who would support repatriation of the Roma community as "Racists", to consider the constitutional concept of "equality". Equality is subject to to one's moral and social function and ones own abilities. It has become clear that the vast majority of the Roma community are unwilling to work in this country. Many are in reciept of the welfare man's spoils, and they are found mostly begging, and doing so at inappropriate places (outside Church gates, beside train stations (Galway and Cork Stations are overrun with them). Thus, they are not equal to the hardworking man, nor are they between jobs, and many have no intention of working. I realise that that could apply to many Irish people who have never worked, however, they have made a deliberate decision to displace themselves to another country, which operates under different laws, and they never had citizenship here. They are different and are not equal to the average Irish person, who contributes to the taxpayer, and are citizens of the country within the menaing of the constitution.

Finally, you will hear many sob stories about the plight of the Roma. The most ridiculous was the family of Roma who took up residence on a roundabout in Ballymun, lived in a cardboard structure. Shockingly, they claimed that this was better then they were capable of obtaining back home. When you think about it, this is ludicrious. Nothing could be worse then where they were living. They didnt have running water, central heating or anything. They were squatting on council property, and this is not acceptbale.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

gurramok wrote: »
    Its still hilarious how posters who post personal experiences of said group are labelled implied racists.
    Look PC brigade, there is a serious problem within the Roma community with begging and not so nice stuff, deal with it.

I'm still wondering why said Roma are not deported from here after their 3 month holiday has expired. France has a good policy on that.

You do realise the pc brigade want this applied to all illegal immigrants, not just one minority?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

K-9 wrote: »
    You do realise the pc brigade want this applied to all illegal immigrants, not just one minority?

Why even bother, when someone uses the term PC brigade all logic is deemed arse out window.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

I dont think having them removed would pose this country any disadvantage

Yes. The most vocal of these groups is the Roma due to their abusive nature of the system.
    Why even bother, when someone uses the term PC brigade all logic is deemed arse out window.

??

Thats what they are. They will defend them despite their criminality.

It is so over used, especially when it is so misunderstood, like in this case.

Reading the first page and it comes up regularly on AH etc., there is a serious persecution complex going on among people who throw the pc card around.

By the time "you racist" gets mentioned, you get 3/4 mentions of the pc card. Vastly over played hand!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Dudess wrote: »
    ... not merely because they were catholic. Plenty of nazis were catholic themselves. I think this notion that catholics were a target of the nazis might stem from some far-right organisations' hatred of catholics, e.g. the KKK.

Oh for God's sake the Polish hierarchy was targeted, and the average priest too. They were effectively wiped out. The articles suggestion that Catholicism had been "historically .. one of the primary supporters of Polish nationalist forces " is speculation and not relevant to the actual facts that the Nazis targeted Catholicism in Poland. the facts are there, the opinions as to why vary.

. Franco, for instance, wouldn't have targeted the Catholic hierarchy of any country he invaded. The Nazis were not a Catholic force, nor pro-Catholic.

Yes. The most vocal of these groups is the Roma due to their abusive nature of the system.

??

Thats what they are. They will defend them despite their criminality.

Read the thread.

Or are you that fixated on being anti pc you can't see the wood for the trees?

The pc brigade are saying the law should be applied to ALL illegal immigrants. If that means far more Roma deported, sobeit.

Read the thread.

Or are you that fixated on being anti pc you can't see the wood for the trees?

The pc brigade are saying the law should be applied to ALL illegal immigrants. If that means far more Roma deported, sobeit.

Are the other illegals from other ethnic groups engaged in widespread criminal behaviour in France?

Engaging in criminal behaviour has pushed this group to No.1 priority over any other ethnic group for expulsion from France or Italy.

Here in Ireland, is there any other immigrant group justifiably singled out for criminal behaviour? I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Pittens wrote: »
    Oh for God's sake the Polish hierarchy was targeted, and the average priest too. They were effectively wiped out. The articles suggestion that Catholicism had been "historically .. one of the primary supporters of Polish nationalist forces " is speculation and not relevant to the actual facts that the Nazis targeted Catholicism in Poland. the facts are there, the opinions as to why vary.
    They targeted Poles, not catholicism in Poland. Hitler hated Poland for historical, territorial reasons. Catholicism had nothing to do with it. The nazi regime had plenty of catholic supporters - notably Croatia.
    The Nazis were not a Catholic force, nor pro-Catholic.
    Didn't say they were.

Are the other illegals from other ethnic groups engaged in widespread criminal behaviour in France?

Engaging in criminal behaviour has pushed this group to No.1 priority over any other ethnic group for expulsion from France or Italy.

Here in Ireland, is there any other immigrant group justifiably singled out for criminal behaviour? I don't think so.

I thought Nigerians were very high, going from threads on here. I know not a race, but surely should be high up on the hit list?

I thought Nigerians were very high, going from threads on here. I know not a race, but surely should be high up on the hit list?

Not as high. There are a fair few Nigerians working for a living. Roma working for a living?, well thats new :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Dudess wrote: »
    They targeted Poles, not catholicism in Poland. Hitler hated Poland for historical, territorial reasons. Catholicism had nothing to do with it. The nazi regime had plenty of catholic supporters - notably Croatia.

and they're biggest ally was Italy lets not forget

and who's this in his nazi youth uniform;)

Not as high. There are a fair few Nigerians working for a living. Roma working for a living?, well thats new :)

Sure aren't 98% of Nigerians illegal or whatever?

Anyway the point is, the pc brigade want all illegal immigrants treated the same way, thus leading to more deportations. Who'd have thunk the pc brigade are tougher on immigration than the "call it as it is" brigade?

Sure aren't 98% of Nigerians illegal or whatever?

Anyway the point is, the pc brigade want all illegal immigrants treated the same way, thus leading to more deportations. Who'd have thunk the pc brigade are tougher on immigration than the "call it as it is" brigade?

How can you treat all the immigrants as the same when one particular group does not work and leeches from the state and its people for a living?

Thats what the PC brigade forgets, this particular group as per topic is not welcome yet other immigrant groups who work and contribute to society are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Some Romas came into my shop the other day and instead of just pilfering everything they could get their hands as per usual your one picks up a mug and brings it to the counter to pay for it! I was shocked. An honest roma I thought...

... and then out comes the 100 euro note :rolleyes:

tried the same thing 2 weeks later.
    Terry wrote: »
    I admire Sarkozy for his take no crap attitude.
    First the burkha, and now this.

The Roma contribute nothing to society. Their society is based around crime. They are, in my opinion, nothing but pests.

Kudos to the French for once again doing the right thing.
    Woah! A dramatic U-turn by the guy who was the sole defender of romas in the last roma bashing thread. Let me guess, the romas you worked with robbed your wallet and now you've seen the light :D

How can you treat all the immigrants as the same when one particular group does not work and leeches from the state and its people for a living?

Thats what the PC brigade forgets, this particular group as per topic is not welcome yet other immigrant groups who work and contribute to society are.

Well the problem is, they aren't one nationality. If you read the thread, posters have pointed out the problem with this approach.

Do you have a problem with treating all illegal immigrants the same, regardless of race or nationality? Apply the same criteria to everybody?

If the same test is applied to all illegal immigrants, more get deported, not just Roma.

There in lies the stupidity of the proposals. I had high hopes for Sarkozy, thought he could reform a country that needs serious wakening up, but this is a "shoe lift" policy. All style and no substance.

Well the problem is, they aren't one nationality. If you read the thread, posters have pointed out the problem with this approach.

Do you have a problem with treating all illegal immigrants the same, regardless of race or nationality? Apply the same criteria to everybody?

If the same test is applied to all illegal immigrants, more get deported, not just Roma.

There in lies the stupidity of the proposals. I had high hopes for Sarkozy, thought he could reform a country that needs serious wakening up, but this is a "shoe lift" policy. All style and no substance.

I have a problem with immigrants based on criminality not nationality or race. Thats where they get mixed up. It just so happens the majority of a certain group is engaged in that criminal behaviour so are rightfully targeted. As said by another poster, if nothing is done about them, its encouraging racism so deportations are good in the long term.

Heck if we deport our own scumbags to Siberia, so be it! :D

I have a problem with immigrants based on criminality not nationality or race. Thats where they get mixed up. It just so happens the majority of a certain group is engaged in that criminal behaviour so are rightfully targeted. As said by another poster, if nothing is done about them, its encouraging racism so deportations are good in the long term.

You've just pointed out the stupidity of the law, thanks.

It has been pointed out in the thread that the vast majority of Roma in France will be either French (deport where?) or EU Nationals, which aren't in France illegally.

What a stupid law and I thought Ireland had the © on that.

As often happens with these type of laws, the "tell it as it is" brigade think "brilliant, what a great idea, this will show the do gooders", the pc brigade think about it and go "No, it's pretty thick actually!".

You've just pointed out the stupidity of the law, thanks.

It has been pointed out in the thread that the vast majority of Roma in France will be either French (deport where?) or EU Nationals, which aren't in France illegally.

What a stupid law and I thought Ireland had the © on that.

As often happens with these type of laws, the "tell it as it is" brigade think "brilliant, what a great idea, this will show the do gooders", the pc brigade think about it and go "No, it's pretty thick actually!".

Nope, there are French travellers(gypsies) and there are Roma who are not French. The primary problem is the Roma hence the term 'illegal immigrants'.

How do you know they are not in France illegally? Do they have work permits?:rolleyes:

I stated this earlier and no-one picked up on it. If you are from the states of Bulgaria and Romania, you are allowed to be in another EU country for 3 months max without a work visa. Same probably applies to France as they did not open their borders like Ireland did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

So lets single out one race of people and deport them from our country because if we let them stay here it will encourage people to be racist against them.. :confused:

• Advertisement

So lets single out one race of people and deport them from our country because if we let them stay here it will encourage people to be racist against them.. :confused:

If left alone to do what they want via lawbreaking encourages racism.

Advertisement