Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delete music from my computer?

• 30-07-2010 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a folder on my desktop of music files. I want to permanently delete them from my computer but whenever I try to delete it just moves them to the recycle bin. How do I permanently delete them from the whole computer?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

I have a folder on my desktop of music files. I want to permanently delete them from my computer but whenever I try to delete it just moves them to the recycle bin. How do I permanently delete them from the whole computer?

Hold down the shift key when you press delete. Or select 'empty recycle bin' from the file menu inside the recycle bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

empty your bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Gaz

Or if you want to be really nerdy get software like directory snoop and do a 7 swipe pass .... then there definitely gone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Gaz wrote: »
    Or if you want to be really nerdy get software like directory snoop and do a 7 swipe pass .... then there definitely gone :)

Or this, http://eraser.heidi.ie/ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marioefron

Well ,the simplest way to delete data permanently is by formatting all the drives but that too may not delete all the data and there are always chances to recover them
    I can suggest you 1 tool that will remove all ur data permanently forever and no other tool can also be able to recover it.
    Advanced System Optimizer , it has a tool named Secure Delete that does the permanent deletion of the data,but be cautious once the data removed can not be recovered anyhow.
    I found it best u can also try this
    u can download this from cnet
    good luck!!!

• Advertisement

Get a large magnet and pass it over your hard disk 10 times. The magnetic filed reacts with the music frequency of the files on the disk and will permanently wipe the offending/incriminating data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,570 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

"music" eh!? ;)

Advertisement