Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Page of Munster

• 30-07-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Second week running I have started a thread based on the fron page of the paper :)

just looking at the Munster here and I'm Reading on the anti-social behaviour out in the ballinakill shopping centtre and they have stills of CCTV footage of 3 young lads fighting with their faces blacked out. My question is why? The whole article goes onto say how residents are living in fear etc and they have a chance to shame a couple of people here and they don't.

I can't imagine there being a legal reason behind it as CCTV footage is used on various media all the time to help catch a criminal or identify people.

A friend of mine lives out that way and anytime I have used the offie going to his I haven't exactly felt 100% safe either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

They were probably f**k-ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

ziedth wrote: »
    Second week running I have started a thread based on the fron page of the paper :)

just looking at the Munster here and I'm Reading on the anti-social behaviour out in the ballinakill shopping centtre and they have stills of CCTV footage of 3 young lads fighting with their faces blacked out. My question is why? The whole article goes onto say how residents are living in fear etc and they have a chance to shame a couple of people here and they don't.

I can't imagine there being a legal reason behind it as CCTV footage is used on various media all the time to help catch a criminal or identify people.

A friend of mine lives out that way and anytime I have used the offie going to his I haven't exactly felt 100% safe either.

most likely under age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Would it matter though if they were underage? They are bit naming them per se just releasing CCTV footage ya know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

legally the media cannot identify underage people for an alleged offence. As far as i know this is also true even if they didnt know they were underage - its like statutory libel....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Also if it came to a court case it might be arguable that the case is unsafe as they have already been accused and found guilty in the media.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »

Looksee is right. Its fairly complicated (relating to whether someone was charged) but you can't go about showing faces at certain times of the legal process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hmmm,

I hadn't considered that. Very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

just on a partly related side note:

anyone get the smell of s**te in there since they dug up half the car park? its worse than before the work started. Surely they burst a sewage pipe when digging or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I thought trouble wasn't allowed happen on that side of town, back in my day they were all well behaved with posh Waterford accents (if there is such a thing :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

which shopping centre is this? im really bad with place names

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Would say it might be Ardkeen with Ardkeen Quality Foods Store

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

emo!! wrote: »
    which shopping centre is this? im really bad with place names

Ballinakill shopping centre is beside Oskars on the Dunmore road. Number of small shops there, Spar, Take Away, Chinease, Clothes shop and Oskars Bar to name a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

maybe we could tar and feather them ....lol

Advertisement