Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 30-07-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

how much would you be talking for a decent 2nd hand 223 rifle say a cz?for foxes maybe a bit of target shooting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

bazza888 wrote: »
    how much would you be talking for a decent 2nd hand 223 rifle say a cz?for foxes maybe a bit of target shooting?

the question is how much are you willing to spend..
    i'm sure you will find something to suit your budget. the old adage you get what you pay for will apply here .
    i look forward to seeing how you get on as there are some bargains to be had out there if you are in the right place at the right time
    my advise is call to as many gun shops as you can cos you never know what lads have in the back room.
    you never know you might end up splashing out on a new gun

good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

there is a nice looking cz in 223 in the for sale section, i think its still for sale

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Was in Stakelums in Thurles today, for a chat.

They have a sale starting tomorrow morning and running for a week. (I think.) Has a lovely Tikka T3, varmint barrel, in .223, threaded, new, with 15% off. Now i could be wrong so don't hang me for this, but thay are roughly €1050 new, so thats €890 - €900. Add that to a scope (possibly on sale) and a few other bits and you could have a brand new Tikka hunting rifle with all the gear for €1400 - €1500.

Nice setup.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

What stuff will Sean have on sale? Just rifles? Or all the other goodies too?:cool:
    Has a lovely Tikka T3, varmint barrel, in .223, threaded, new, with 15% off. Now i could be wrong so don't hang me for this, but thay are roughly €1050 new, so thats €890 - €900. Add that to a scope (possibly on sale) and a few other bits and you could have a brand new Tikka hunting rifle with all the gear for €1400 - €1500

That would be a brilliant .223 set-up for a very good price! Couldn't go too far wrong with that TBH.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Nearly everything i looked at had either a sale tag on it with the amount it was to be reduced by (10%, 15%, etc) or the price tag was scribbled on and a new price written over it.

I bought a replacement battery for a lamp, bore light and a few bullets. The battery and light were 15% cheaper than marked price.

Now that could be because i just a likable sort of guy ....................... :D:p

PS - This has 15% off also, but i didn't bring my plastic girlfriend .................

49.jpg
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

bazza888 wrote: »

I have this for sale if your interested..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055954092

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

.243 on here found me a nice Steyr ProHunter in .223
    I think it was 1250e, smidth and bender scope included. Very nice rifle. Add another 150 or so for 2nd hand mod and 100 for bipod or rob one off tackleberrywho like i did:D
    TBH best money i spent. Very accurate rifle, almost makes me look good.
    But as the lads said money wise, how long is a piece of string, How High is a chinaman etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Dusty87 wrote: »
    .243 on here found me a nice Steyr ProHunter in .223
    I think it was 1250e, smidth and bender scope included. Very nice rifle. Add another 150 or so for 2nd hand mod and 100 for bipod or rob one off tackleberrywho like i did:D
    TBH best money i spent. Very accurate rifle, almost makes me look good.
    But as the lads said money wise, how long is a piece of string, How High is a chinaman etc

ROB?? I do nooooooooooot think so son, I know where you live!;)
    Stalking season is almost upon us. I got my deer permit in the post today so i'll need my stalking Bi-Pod!

Bi-Pods can be acquired for ~€80 second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

thanks patsat but i had alook into it and think im just going take my time with the .22 for now the .223 side a things is abit too costly at the moment!

Advertisement