Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kindle 2

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

No it wont make any difference as it will be registered to your account on amazon, which you can reset online anywayto another person.

Why send it to Chicago when it only took 3 days for mine to arrive from the US

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭Alpish

No it wont make any difference as it will be registered to your account on amazon, which you can reset online anywayto another person.

Why send it to Chicago when it only took 3 days for mine to arrive from the US

Free delivery and no custom charges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Alpish wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting the new Kindle touch(or Kindle keyboard) delivered to a friend of mine who lives in Chicago and will be home for Xmas. I was wondering will purchasing it from America and then registering it etc. pose any compatability issues when I use it here?

No problems, with the Kindle 3 at least. I got mine in the US and registered it here. You can even change the reg back and forth to your UK Amazon if you want. It comes (at least the Kindle 3 I got did) with both US and UK English dictionaries. And when it died (or I broke it.....) they replaced it no bother - from the US by UPS, duty paid and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

So guys why don't I seem to be able to order the new Kindle wifi/3G for delivery to Ireland?

If I try, it directs me to the non-us page which does not offer the 3G version.

Thanks

Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Folks does the Kindle with free 3G and Wifi they are selling in Tesco have touch screen functionality as well as the keyboard and web browsing?

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Kasabian wrote: »
    Folks does the Kindle with free 3G and Wifi they are selling in Tesco have touch screen functionality as well as the keyboard and web browsing?

Thanks

No touchscreen on that model

• Registered Users Posts: 7 albio

I bought the Wi-Fi Kindle 4 at the Airside Currys/PC World outlet this weekend for €109; just setting it up now and very pleased with it; looking forward to checking out the advice from others on boards.ie. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Kasabian wrote: »

Thanks
    Neither of the Kindles Tesco is selling are touchscreen - even the one without the keyboard! It has an on screen keyboard but you would select letters using the "5 way controller" ... the square rocker button. It doesn't sound very user friendly, but if you only read and don't take notes (or web browse) then it probably wouldn't matter to you.

Advertisement