Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable plants for graves?

Options
  • 30-07-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for suitables plants for graves? Obviously, decorative plants that don't mind wind and are fairly maintenance free. Not sure if any fit the bill but thought I might ask,

P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Lavender perhaps?

Cemeteraries may have rules on what is allowed, ie nothing with crazy roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Lavender perhaps?

Cemeteraries may have rules on what is allowed, ie nothing with crazy roots.

True, but this is Dean's Grange; I imagine if someone used a tact nuke there, the staff wouldn't notice. Lavenders sounds like a lovely idea, cheers.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Helianthemums/rock roses - vigorous, pretty flowers, mostly evergreen, just need a haircut at the end of the summer.

Lavendar - again, just need to be trimmed back after flowering (you must do this or they grow straggly)

Sedums/saxifrage planted in pebbles can look very nice, most flower at some stage in the summer and they look after themselves.

I saw a grave that was totally covered in a small flowered ground cover rose, recently, and it looked very attractive.

You need to check with the graveyard authority as there are often rules about what you can grow.

Advertisement