Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you care what sort of material your booze is contained in?

Options
  • 30-07-2010 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by this post;
    padi89 wrote: »
    Don't talk absoulte ****e and be a bit realistic, throw up a pole there on AH and see how many people wouldn't care if pint glasses and bottles were rid of and changed to plastics. Sure **** it, while we're at it might as well sticks wine into plastic bottles too, who'd give a **** as long as you can drink it. :rolleyes:

I thought I might as well do it for the lol. Unfortunately there were no poles available so I went with the regular boards polls. Does it matter to you if your drink of choice comes in glass, tin, cardboard or plastic?

Does it matter to you what material your booze is contained in? 90 votes

Yes it matters
    0%
    No it doesn't
    82%
    deRangedSir Digby Chicken CaesarSlydiceazezilKarl HungusDont be at yourselfjoolsveerDermoBlistermanAglomeradoGreyAlienDravokivichMickerooKTRICkc66Bob the Seducerbluto63r3nu4lsmashRowley Birkin QC 74 votes
    'Don't talk absolute ****e and be realistic! *rolleyes*'
    16%
    uchmeditraitorT-SquareKieraBertyWazdakkaNiall09BigginsGavRedKingldxo15wus6fpgmLeeg17Le KingSusie_QstarlitTucking Fypo 15 votes
    padi89 has a glass fetish.
    1%
    Cypher_sounds 1 vote
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

As long as it tastes good it doesnt matter what way it came.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

No it doesn't
    glass pint bottles only please. hate those plastic bastards, have to grip them so delicately or you make an almighty mess

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Depends how much money's in my wallet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If its eventually contained in my mouth, couldn't give a toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

No it doesn't
    whiskey from a glass tumbler only... pfft whiskey in plastic cups is not the same... respect your drink ffs! :)

• Advertisement

No it doesn't
    It has to be glass bottles and pint glasses all the way.. You never know when you could end up in a situation where you have to defend yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

Unfortunately there were no poles available

They all went back to Poland.

Have to say some people can be ridiculous about this.

Got slagged before for buying beer in plastic bottles. Apparently that made me a right scummer. Nothing to do with the fact that I like Martens Pils, and it comes in plastic bottles in the off license.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No it doesn't
    I will not drink an alcoholic beverage out of a tea or coffee cup

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

No it doesn't
    Bottle or glass.

Only use plastic if i'm at a bbq in someone's house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I will not drink an alcoholic beverage out of a tea or coffee cup

What if it was an irish coffee/hot whiskey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

No it doesn't
    Kiera wrote: »
    As long as it tastes good it doesnt matter what way it came.

I find poured directly into the mouth, off a strippers tits is the best though!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

No it doesn't
    glass, ceramic or metal only please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Coca-Cola only tastes right if it comes out of a glass bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

steve06 wrote: »
    I find poured directly into the mouth, off a strippers tits is the best though!

I’ve never noticed the difference tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Seems like Padi89's chill pills come in a plastic container as well... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No it doesn't
    There's no way in hell I'd drink beer from a plastic bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

No it doesn't
    Cans add a metallic taste to their contents, so they're out.
    Some beers get lightstruck (and taste off) if they're not contained in the right type of glass bottle.
    And unless I'm happy that the bar I'm in clean their taps regularly and are fastidious with their glassware, I'm not having the draught.
    Whiskey and spirits last well in their bottles, so long as the level isn't too low (causing oxidation.)
    Tl;dr version: No cans, no plastic, safest gargle is spirits served from the bottle to a glass you cleaned yourself.

What if you poured the beer into a glass, then drank it?

Why not? When did people become so proscriptive about their booze? I'd love to do a blind taste test on some of the people here who are so vehement about only using certain containers. I bet no one here can tell the difference between a wine that came out of a box and wine from a bottle, assuming they are the same wine of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I thought alcohol was supposed to erode the plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

personnaly I wouldn't drink from a plastic cup but that's only because I think that's waht American's do and it makes them look like tools on tv so... that's out for that reason...

but other than that I couldn't care less tbh... I'd love to see a taste test or something like that for all the wine and beer snobs here and see how many can pick out the good and bad stuff or will it all taste the same :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No it doesn't
    Why not? When did people become so proscriptive about their booze? I'd love to do a blind taste test on some of the people here who are so vehement about only using certain containers. I bet no one here can tell the difference between a wine that came out of a box and wine from a bottle, assuming they are the same wine of course.

I just like glass bottles I guess.. there may be no taste difference but I'd always opt to but beer in a glass bottle before a plastic one

Not really an environmentalist but glass is far more reusable and produces less toxins in its lifetime, be it through production, recycling or degradation.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

No it doesn't

its not the taste, I just hate that the publican etc think we're not grown up enough to use glasses just because some mongs can't control themselves.

Plastic also gives a cheap and knackery look to a drink

I just like glass bottles I guess.. there may be no taste difference but I'd always opt to but beer in a glass bottle before a plastic one

Not really an environmentalist but glass is far more reusable and produces less toxins in its lifetime, be it through production, recycling or degradation.

Those reasons are fine with me, but reasons based on image are just a bit....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

No it doesn't

You just can't handle pints! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

No it doesn't
    Anything but plastic or cardboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

No it doesn't
    The only thing im bothered about is wine. It has to be in a wine glass and has to be cold (for white). Couldnt drink it out of anythin else *

*unless its all hrs of sat night and completely hammered- id probably drink it out of a shoe or somethin :D

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    personnaly I wouldn't drink from a plastic cup but that's only because I think that's waht American's do and it makes them look like tools on tv so... that's out for that reason...

Usually because Americans, particularly younger, would play a lot of drinking games for which glasses/bottles/cans are not practical.

• Advertisement

Especially when they'd willingly choose to drink rubbish beer from a glass bottle over a decent beer because it comes in plastic bottles.

Advertisement