Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you care what sort of material your booze is contained in?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

'Don't talk absolute ****e and be realistic! *rolleyes*'
    I don't really care but prefer either in a bottle or glass....not mad about my drink in cans though or plastic cups...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I don't really care but prefer either in a bottle or glass....not mad about my drink in cans though or plastic cups...

+1
    Couldn't have put it better myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

No it doesn't
    Always pour beer into a glass now.

Too many chipped teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No it doesn't
    Oh god I hate drinking from plastic glasses, ruins it.

Was in a pub in London not so long ago, drinking some absolutely gorgeous ale. Come 9 they switched to plastic glasses. Getting served ale in a plastic glass does not ****ing work. Switched to bottles then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

No it doesn't
    I would be fairly particular about what I drink out of what.

If it's just vodka and splash or whatever, I don't care as long as it isn't a flimsy plastic, must be hard thermosetting plastic.
    If it's a beer, a branded pint glass (of the drink in question) is preferrable, failing that, one from a similar type, stout in a stout glass, Lager in a lager glass etc, I doubt it makes much difference but it's just much preferrable, I would never drink guinness from a glass not branded with either Guinness or Murphy's, they taste off, but probably only in my head.
    When it comes to shots and such I really don't care because they are gone too fast.
    Cocktails must be served in the correct glass for the Cocktail in question, exceptions only for the cheap house cocktails that are usually badly and easily made for selling to patrons who don't really care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭jordan..

I work in one of the main nightclubs in town and am well used to listening to people complain about the plastic cups/pints

Get over it you chodes! With the volume of people we get on a busy event night cleaning glass would be near impossible. Less likely to get some hero to glass somebody! Clean up is much easier come the end of the night!

I love the plastics :)

No it doesn't
    they taste off, but probably only in my head.

The shape of the glass determines how it hits your palette.

I always have to have Hoegaarden in the brand glass for this reason, it just doesn't taste quite right in a different glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I would be fairly particular about what I drink out of what.

If it's just vodka and splash or whatever, I don't care as long as it isn't a flimsy plastic, must be hard thermosetting plastic.
    If it's a beer, a branded pint glass (of the drink in question) is preferrable, failing that, one from a similar type, stout in a stout glass, Lager in a lager glass etc, I doubt it makes much difference but it's just much preferrable, I would never drink guinness from a glass not branded with either Guinness or Murphy's, they taste off, but probably only in my head.
    When it comes to shots and such I really don't care because they are gone too fast.
    Cocktails must be served in the correct glass for the Cocktail in question, exceptions only for the cheap house cocktails that are usually badly and easily made for selling to patrons who don't really care.

I honestly dont think the name / shape of the glass could make even the slightest difference . . .obviously beer in shot glasses is pointless, but not drinking guiness from a heino glass???

No it doesn't
    I honestly dont think the name / shape of the glass could make even the slightest difference . . .obviously beer in shot glasses is pointless, but not drinking guiness from a heino glass???

Karl said it better than I could, and IIRC he is a BIG drinker.
    The shape of the glass determines how it hits your palette.

I always have to have Hoegaarden in the brand glass for this reason, it just doesn't taste quite right in a different glass.

In night clubs I would never even give out about it TBH though, I just get bottles or Vodka and splash in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I love drinking wine from those boxes you buy abroad (especially if its about 6 in the morning)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It does. Can effect the smell and the taste you get. Do you think all those different shaped glasses for different drinks were chosen because they were pretty? Some are. Most are specifically chosen to present the drink at it's best.

No it doesn't
    Karl said it better than I could, and IIRC he is a BIG drinker.

Karl isn't so much a big drinker, but rather an incredibly fussy and particular drinker with penchant for the finer ales and whiskeys.

No it doesn't
    And for god's sake, do not serve me Kwak without the brand specific Kwak glass.

No it doesn't
    Karl isn't so much a big drinker, but rather an incredibly fussy and particular drinker with penchant for the finer ales and whiskeys.

Read: Elitist :P only messing
    And for god's sake, do not serve me Kwak without the brand specific Kwak glass.

Where can I get that? Looks awesome!!

No it doesn't
    Read: Elitist :P

I don't think elitist is strong enough a word to describe my drinking habits.
    Where can I get that? Looks awesome!!

Hmm, you're in Cork, so have you tried Franciscan Well (I think that's the name of the place)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

But isnt it amazing that soft drinks taste nicer from cans, why is that???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

padi89 has a glass fetish.
    Woop im the proud first picker of the 'Dont talk bull**** and be realistic' option, 80 people have gone before me but i had to break the trend and go against the grain :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

No it doesn't
    I would say glass because they can be washed and reused whereas most people/pubs will just throw the plastic ones out.

At concerts/festivals/sporting events then I see the need for plastics but it's a different story when you're down the local.

Advertisement