Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy s. V Htc Desire

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The HD2 and Desire both have the same Snapdragon processor, right?
    As shown by the charts above, the Galaxy S beat the two HTC-made devices by a bit for CPU and 2D graphics performance. But when it came to 3D graphics performance, the I9000 trumped the Qualcomm-equipped smartphones, achieving more than twice the frame rates of both the Nexus One and Desire (see video below).

These tests were performed on devices running Android 2.1. As some other reports have shown, the Nexus One is even faster with Android 2.2 (Froyo), improving upon its Eclair benchmarks, especially in terms of CPU performance. Given what the Galaxy S is capable of now, it's mouthwatering to imagine what it can do with a Froyo update. Samsung has said this will come eventually but hasn't committed to a release date.
    http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilephones/0,39050603,62200389,00.htm

You were testing the Galaxy with a beta version of 2.2 on it I presume? You don't suppose it only being a beta could have something to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

How do the cameras compare? This is a deal-breaker for me now, I really miss having a decent camera on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

yeah but desire and hd2 are 2 diff phones ;) having a snapdragon doesnt end there...

2nd i didn't test galaxy s it just showed me online benchmark results of the galaxy s

Camera is meant to be decent...but if u take pics in the dark its not good cause no flash on it ;)

I don't want to take pictures in the dark.

JustinOval wrote: »
    I don't want to take pictures in the dark.

bring a flashlight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Anyone who'd buy a Samsung Android phone needs their head examined imo, their track record for supporting models past 6 mths is woeful.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Anyone who'd buy a Samsung Android phone needs their head examined imo, their track record for supporting models past 6 mths is woeful.

I'd root it and go with stock Android, I know what they're like for support.

I'd root it and go with stock Android, I know what they're like for support.

well rooting isnt for any one...some people want their phone out of the box and they dont feel like surfing the web to find all these bits and bobs how to upgrade their phone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

yeah but desire and hd2 are 2 diff phones ;) having a snapdragon doesnt end there...

Oh I get it, ;) it's supposed to be a big secret that the HD2 has 16 magic crystals, carefully and lovingly extracted from rocking horse poo by sacred virgins, which are then installed and aligned with the orgone energy of the earth by a levitating Tibetan monk. Gosh, I nearly gave away HTC's big secret! Close call, that.
    2nd i didn't test galaxy s it just showed me online benchmark results of the galaxy s
    Well that's a relief, I'd hate for you to use the exact same OS and benchmarking software suite on each device. It'd be a shame for science and rigor to spoil a good story.
    Camera is meant to be decent...but if u take pics in the dark its not good cause no flash on it ;)
    Despite the grammar and text speak, I get the feeling we have been over this piece of ground before.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Despite the grammar and text speak, I get the feeling we have been over this piece of ground before.

if ill ever want grammar lessons on how to text/write to please other people ill pm YOU :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

t.henno66 wrote: »
    Ok, it's just saying "warning not enough memory" when i put the camera on. I haven't loaded anything onto it yet

Sounds like you have it set to save to the internal card, set it to the external.
    I had it set to the internal and I got the same message, hope this helps!

Sorry but sunlight readability ranks quite a bit lower on my list than features like Flash or developer support.

iPhone Fanboys don't give factual reasons. I do ;)

If you don't use your camera much and don't plan on doing much if any modding on your phone than the Galaxy S would be the better choice. As for me, I mod my phone to bits and HTC phones are far better documented than Samsung when it comes to Android.

What! You can "mod" the Samsung til the cows come home and then some, practically make it look like any other phone, I dont know why you`d want that and with a bit of tweaking it can overtake anything, Ive never had such a customisable phone, takes a while to get the hang of it, but thumbs up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I have a choice between these 2 phones at the moment. So, which to choose? I couldnt care less about all the hi tech stuff. The phone will be used for callling, texting, music, radio and facebook. I cant think of much else. Im honestly vain enough that i'm more concerned about which phone will look more impressive when I whip it out in the pub!??

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Guys guys guys, quit your bickering, the winner shall be declared after answering this question:
    Which plays Super Mario World better on emulator?!?! :pac:

Actually this too. I completed this game on the snes when I was 5 and is one of my greatest achievements to date

The Desire is a better phone.

[/thread]

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

[/thread]
    The one thing id have that would sway me in favour of the Desire is Sense, but that screen on the Galaxy S... so pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I cant think of much else. Im honestly vain enough that i'm more concerned about which phone will look more impressive when I whip it out in the pub!?

Won't matter which you pick as when you "whip it out" most folks will think its an iPhone :)

But all in all the desire is a much much better phone.

Have to disagree with ya on that one man, I got one and the fact that its HD and the night mode it good, its a good picture, almost same if not better than a flash....but thats my opinion...

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I have a choice between these 2 phones at the moment. So, which to choose? I couldnt care less about all the hi tech stuff. The phone will be used for callling, texting, music, radio and facebook. I cant think of much else. Im honestly vain enough that i'm more concerned about which phone will look more impressive when I whip it out in the pub!??

If you could`nt care less about all the Hi tech stuff then why are ya even bothering to get an Android, why not get an older phone?
    That`s like someone buying a Lambo and only driving it to the shops @43mph and back, lol. Dont be worried about what people think what ya have...

[/thread]

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

lewis wrote: »
    How?
    It simply does. I have both phones (Although I plan on upgrading later this month to a Desire HD but that may change if Sony plans on releasing the PSP phone soon).

Anyway, the Desire simply outclasses the Galaxy S as a phone. It's been discussed a good few times already throughout this thread in the past page, have a read of them and you'll see why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Put it this way. A friend bought his Galaxy at the same time as I bought my Desire. He hates his phone while I love mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

lewis wrote: »

If you could`nt care less about all the Hi tech stuff then why are ya even bothering to get an Android, why not get an older phone?
    That`s like someone buying a Lambo and only driving it to the shops @43mph and back, lol. Dont be worried about what people think what ya have...

I'm getting the phone for very cheap, €100 or so, because i'm moving to a cheap bill pay plan that will mean i'll be spending less per month than I currently am on PAYG. I could get say a Wildfire for free, but I though I might as well get the best for cheap now while I can. I like the idea of having a phone, camera, ipod, video player and internet access all rolled into one. I just can't see the phone being used outside that.

Advertisement