Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming laptop recommendations

• 30-07-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

was wondering if anyone could recommend me a good gaming laptop for in or around 1000 euros

at the moment i have a dell vostro 1500 and am looking to upgrade.

i dont really have any loyalty to one brand and would prefer a 15" + screen.

thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

you have choices to make first!

ati or nvidia, and then there is the processor.

you wont get a sli rig for a grand, and it might be best to get a used machine

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spudwiser

well is between an i5 or i7 as both should last for a few years

as for the cards, the 2 laptops i've been looking at, i have a choice between a radeon 5470HD and a Radeon HD 565v respectively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

spudwiser wrote: »
    well is between an i5 or i7 as both should last for a few years

as for the cards, the 2 laptops i've been looking at, i have a choice between a radeon 5470HD and a Radeon HD 565v respectively

you wont be able to play games maxed out at all on them, they are pretty weak cards, ancient even.

Its probably not a true "gaming computer" but what would you think of this for running mostly RTS games

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003UB3972/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A2L0UV81X3JLZ5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

i bought that laptop yday, runs starcraft on medium settings perfectly. Ive not messed with it yet to try higher detail. loving this laptop (btw im not a big gamer but im loving this laptop).

• Advertisement

Is the screen really as bad as they say it is?
    Have you found any negatives at all yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

Da GOAT wrote: »
    i bought that laptop yday, runs starcraft on medium settings perfectly. Ive not messed with it yet to try higher detail. loving this laptop (btw im not a big gamer but im loving this laptop).

Hey Da Goat was thinking of getting this laptop however some reviews are saying it doesn't have bluetooth and others do :confused: Any clarification on yours? Im stuck between getting this laptop and the samsung r780. Same graphics card but i5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

actually one thing is different and mine is a i3 actually. ill check out the bluetooth thing when im home.

ive not had a problem with the screen, much brighter than my old laptop (5 yrs old now) which prob isnt hard to do.

Ive only had like half a day, ill try dvd on it later too. Ill check any specs etc anyone else has but Im currently very happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im selling a dell xps m1730 laptop if your interested its great for gaming

Advertisement