Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USB Hub - Problems

• 30-07-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I have two usb 2.0 Ports on my laptop.

Port A: Have a 4port 2.O hub connected with my mobile BB Mouse & keyboard connected ~ that is working away fine.

Port B: I have a 2ft 2.0 usb lead connected and a 4port 2.0 hub on the end of that. When I plug a flash drive into this it is recognised and I can access and open files on its drive, but then it just keeps disconnecting & reconnecting.

Any ideas folks why this is happening!:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Your drawing too much power. You need a power adapter for one of the hubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Tallon wrote: »
    Your drawing too much power. You need a power adapter for one of the hubs

That crossed my mind allright....cheers mate

[FONT=Arial, Sans-serif]USB Mains Power Adaptor Charger UK Plug Charger[/FONT]

Is the UK plug now the same type as our 3pin plug? Just want to make sure first.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Is the UK plug now the same type as our 3pin plug? Just want to make sure first.

Yup..

This is 5V 500ma but is used for charging walkmans and ipods mp3 players etc etc.

Is it also suitable for powering usb hubs attached to my laptop and is the voltage and amp rating correct. tnx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-ACU50A-CEK-USB-power-Adaptor/dp/B000FNUPRK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

• Advertisement

This is 5V 500ma but is used for charging walkmans and ipods mp3 players etc etc.

Is it also suitable for powering usb hubs attached to my laptop and is the voltage and amp rating correct. tnx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-ACU50A-CEK-USB-power-Adaptor/dp/B000FNUPRK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

anyone pls

Well what volt / amp is your Hub?

Tallon wrote: »
    Well what volt / amp is your Hub?

Hi Tallon and thanks for replying again.

I've been reading up in wiki about usb hubs but the more I read the more confusing it gets.

Anyway....I have two bus powered 2.0 48Omps hubs (one each side of my laptop) and want to be able to run them together. (these hubs are not volt/amp rated in any way)

I thought all I had to do was to get a usb power adaptor and connect my existing two hubs to one another>adaptor>laptop but I guess I've got it all a**ways..:(

Any chance you can get be back on the right track:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

Nope, you need to buy a powered hub, you cannot add a power source to a bus powered hub.

Nope, you need to buy a powered hub, you cannot add a power source to a bus powered hub.

ok thats grand tnx,

If I buy one 4/7 port mains powered hub can I run a bus powered hub from that with good results.

• Advertisement

Thats not recommended (hook a hub in a hub). If you get a 7 ports USB mains powered hub, that should be more than enough for you, why will you need a second hub?

Thats not recommended (hook a hub in a hub). If you get a 7 ports USB mains powered hub, that should be more than enough for you, why will you need a second hub?

I can't understand that cause I read that if you have a powered hub you can daisy chain up to 127 devices:confused:

I want two hubs for convenience, I use my laptop from fixed location on my desktop and have devices each side of my desk but at this stage its doin my head in just trying to do this my way:D

Ya, in theory.
    You can hook the mouse and modem to a bus powered hub, and the rest on the mains powered hub.

Advertisement