Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suir Valley 3 Day

• 30-07-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭

Anyone heading over to watch or partake in this, starting Saturday afternoon. Teams from France, Belgium, Isle of Man and UK taking part this year, should be a good weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Yes sir count me in, I'll be competing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

Ah savage,what club are you competing with 'home:ballyhoura'? i will be following the stages as a spectator, the routes are great, nice variety over the few days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

Good day today other than the rain, 2 crashes in total, An Post's Mark Cassidy's foot came clean from the pedal on the final sprint such a pity!.. Congrats to Martin Irvine of Planet X on the stage win!

1. Martin Irvine Plant X
    2. Conor Murphy Eurocycles Eurobaby
    3. Andy Roche Team Isle of Man
    4. Mark Cassidy Sean Kelly An Post
    5. Thomas Martin Eurocycles Eurobaby

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

4851368452_07e16b0be2_b.jpg

• Advertisement

Hey! So did many boardsies end up doing this after all? I did, great race very well organised, nice to race with some pro's and got to meet Ryan Sherlock for the first time yaay haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I see Colm Turner broke his collarbone and elbow during it

Yep, stage one first crash I was in it with him so so unfortunate :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

broke 2 ribs in the same crash and a few miles later i noticed my handle bar stem was cracked 99% through,came off in my hands as I slowed up. race over in a about 20 minutes!
    other than that a great race:D

Came down in the first crash of the crash filled first stage. Didn't hurt myself too badly thankfully but lost about 17 minutes and came in with the 2nd bunch of about 30 or 40 riders. Spent the rest of the weekend basically hanging on for grim death on the climbs, the pace was completley insane, unlike anything I've experienced before. Intense dieting starts now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

Seen the first crash happening just to my left - said, omg, and promptly made my way to the front. Looked and sounded horrid. 50kmph average for the first 30 minutes, 47 for the first hour... quick going in those conditions.

I wrote a bit of a report about my racing: http://ryansherlock.blogspot.com/2010/08/2010-suir-valley-3-day.html

Advertisement