Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog warts

Options
  • 30-07-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

My dog has started to grow a few warts on her body, the vet said it was nothing serious, however I've just noticed she's after growing another one and it's starting to smell?? Does anyone know the cause and if it's serious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Has the wart become raw and therefore smells like a wound would if it is infected? Does it look different to the other warts which have already grown?

It's probably best to get it checked out again, just to be on the safe side, or at least give your vet a call and discuss it with them over the phone to see what they say. If you're still worried contact another vet.

The majority of warts can be harmless, so if your vet said they were ok, then you can take comfort it that. Moreover, some dogs seem to acquire them in old age, again suggesting that your vet is correct in their diagnosis. However, unfortunately some are not so if any of the warts look very different or are raw and/or seem infected, then I'd have them checked out.

Advertisement