Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long does it take for visa?

Options
  • 30-07-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi there,

Just a quick question, but if you get sponsored while being on a WHV, how long do you usually have to wait to get a visa to leave oz, like for a holiday to the states or back home? has anyone any experience in this matter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hi there,

Just a quick question, but if you get sponsored while being on a WHV, how long do you usually have to wait to get a visa to leave oz like for a holiday to the states or back home? has anyone any experience in this matter

A WHV visa can take 6hrs-3 days
    a sponsored visa can take 2days - 4 weeks (you get places on a bridging visa)
    if you are on a high skills list can take a few days, if they need a bit more time to research/check out etc can take up to 4 weeks in some cases.

The bit in black i don't really understand? Are you saying how long does it take for your visa to process so you can go on a holiday?

You can go on a holiday either way, and be granted while your away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

When you apply for the sponsorship you would be put on a bridging visa A. In order to leave the country you would need to apply for a bridging visa B. They can be reluctant to grant you a bridging visa B unless you have a very good reason to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Mine was just granted on tuesday so i can defo fill u in! Applied on the 11th June, and it was granted the 27th July........
    Wouldnt mind but had a deposit on a flight home for monday 26th and had to forget about it, bridging visa b is only for compassionate cases - i wouldnt feel right lieing about a death in the family etc.
    Esp with the July 1st delay and all this election talk about cutting down on immigration, there are huge backlogs expected now so i'd say processing times will vary.... i know someone who applied for the 457 in march and still hasnt heard anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭shotgun mike

amybabes wrote: »
    Mine was just granted on tuesday so i can defo fill u in! Applied on the 11th June, and it was granted the 27th July........
    Wouldnt mind but had a deposit on a flight home for monday 26th and had to forget about it, bridging visa b is only for compassionate cases - i wouldnt feel right lieing about a death in the family etc.
    Esp with the July 1st delay and all this election talk about cutting down on immigration, there are huge backlogs expected now so i'd say processing times will vary.... i know someone who applied for the 457 in march and still hasnt heard anything!

cheers for all the replies,they're much appreciated!

Advertisement