Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday 9am from dundrum, knocklyon

• 30-07-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Looking to head out for 3-4 hours hitting the hills anyone around ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

How there levitronix, I was planning on doing this intriguing route which I nicked off Blowfish poster from last week:

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=157840

It's definitely more than 3-4 hours, I'd estimate more like 6 including to/from the gaff, and there's a whackload of climbing.

Anyone welcome to join of course, I'll nip along to the Luas bridge for 9 and see if anyone's game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Which way is that heading first couldnt make out which direction it was going either way i ll nip along and swing home after or before the wicklow gap

The route heads up to Johnny Fox's from the Burrow Road, and then swings right across Glencullen to the Kilakee viewpoint before heading up towards the Featherbeds. Instead of going to the Sally Gap, it goes down to Bohernabreena before climbing up Ballinascorney and across via the army range to the Sally Gap rd. Rather than putter on predictably to Manor Kilbride, we head over the newly restored Ballysmuttan Bridge and a crap road of a climb to Lacken, before heading round the lakes via Ballyknockan.

You could head home from here via Valleymount and Blessington, but why not grind up another unnecessary climb to get to the foot of the Wicklow Gap, west side, after which is the hippy cafe in Laragh. Detour then towards Rathdrum and nip off the backroads towards Moneystown instead of going as far as Rathdrum itself, and back via Roundwood, shoulder of Djouce and some up'n'down-y backroads back to Stepaside.

I ll go as far time takes me , the starts sounds differnet which is good

Stayed in bed eh levitronix? Myself and Planet X hung around til about ten past but we pushed on after that.

130km in the end but with 2,750m of climbing - did that route of Blowfish's. Bushed. Savage. Was cursing this decision repeatedly as I ground up yet another back road.

Delightfully unexplored back roads are that way for a reason - they're cratered, gravelly, 45 degree angled on the way up and too rough and twisty to enjoy on the way down!

• Advertisement

Have a four month old boy :( things change to quick, ended up heading out solo and getting soaked

Advertisement