Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Computer

Options
  • 30-07-2010 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

I have to yet make another topic, I wanted to get something small as well for my parents as my dad's 40th birthday is in a month.

Musts:

- At least Dual Core 2.5GHz
    - Must have 4GB RAM
    - Something better than 8600GT 256MB DDR3
    - Hard Drive must be around 500GB
    - Case must be a small case
    - Monitor must be at least 21inch.
    - Wouldn't mind blu-ray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

whats your budget and are you willing to build it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Around €700 but that list include the monitor, keyboard and mouse as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Sobanek wrote: »
    Around €700 but that list include the monitor, keyboard and mouse as well

How small do you want it, I can spec you up a quad core PC with a 9400M that you could hold in your hand.

Or do you want something a little bigger than that ?

Perhaps something bigger than the Mac Mini. But I wouldn't mind if it fitted to a normal desk.
    Quad Core is not a necessity, I would rather want something that's low on the power consumption. This PC will be only used for FarmVille, Internet, Mail and YouTube HD. They don't need anything more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

more than enough
    [IMG][/img]Capture13cheap.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Sobanek wrote: »
    Perhaps something bigger than the Mac Mini. But I wouldn't mind if it fitted to a normal desk.
    Quad Core is not a necessity, I would rather want something that's low on the power consumption. This PC will be only used for FarmVille, Internet, Mail and YouTube HD. They don't need anything more.

Zotac 1156 board would be idea for this, with an i3 it would fly through all of that., i'll do up a build for you later

Yeah, I was considering a Mini-ITX board, but most of them have the crappy Intel GMA 950 graphics, come with a single-core Atom and cost a ton as well.
    i3 would be a great CPU I guess as it's much faster than the E5400 which I was thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Have you considered the:

Asus M4A88T-I 880G Socket AM3
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/227079

It's fairly expensive at £114.64 (€137.00) but you get
    -AM3
    -USB 3
    -Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 4250 GPU (much better than intel junk)
    -Bluetooth
    -Wireless

and other stuff like a PCI-E slot for another graphics card, 3 SATA ports and RAID 0,1, 5.

It supports up to 95W CPUs, you you'd have to be careful here. It's expensive since it's just out and it could be difficult to fit everything into €700, but we can try if you want.

Advertisement