Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turn back the dial.. what was your first rifle or shotty

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

It's a bullpup based off the AR-18. An Aussie design originially, which Bushmaster got the rights to. I've no idea what the 'arm gun' is.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

my first rifle and shotgun...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

It's a bullpup based off the AR-18. An Aussie design originially, which Bushmaster got the rights to. I've no idea what the 'arm gun' is.

NTM

Bushmaster Arm gun..Another USAF "survival weapon"

http://www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

First shotgun: Baikal single shot - T'was my feckin pride and joy and the first day I brought it out I was going out with my first love also...a fine cork girl...that shotty gave me nothing but good luck coz that first day I brought it out was also the first time I s*****D the girlfriend out in the field !!!!

First Rimfire: Anschutz .22LR - Still have her and she still shoots like a dream !!!

First Centrefire: Ruger .220 Swift

Moved onto semi auto shotty, .22 magnum a various .223s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

vixdname wrote: »
    First shotgun: Baikal single shot - T'was my feckin pride and joy and the first day I brought it out I was going out with my first love also...a fine cork girl...that shotty gave me nothing but good luck coz that first day I brought it out was also the first time I s*****D the girlfriend out in the field !!!!

First Rimfire: Anschutz .22LR - Still have her and she still shoots like a dream !!!

That section about the ole shotgun reminded me of a joke my mate sent me via email, here it is pasted...:D:D
    Frank was excited about his new rifle and decided to try bear hunting. He travels up to Alaska, spots a small brown bear and shoots it. Right after, there was a tap on his shoulder and he turned around to see a big black bear. The black bear said, "That was a very bad mistake. That was my cousin and I'm going to give you two choices. Either I maul you to death or we have se*."

After considering briefly, Frank decided to accept the latter alternative. So the black bear has his way with Frank. Even though he felt sore for two weeks, Frank soon recovered and vowed revenge.

He headed out on another trip back to Alaska where he found the black bear and shot it dead. Right after, there was another tap on his shoulder. This time a huge grizzly bear stood right next to him. The grizzly said, "That was a big mistake, Frank. That was my cousin and you've got two choices. Either I maul you to death or we have rough se*." Again, Frank thought it was better to cooperate with the grizzly bear than be mauled to death. So the grizzly has his way with Frank.

Although he survived, it took several months before Frank fully recovered. Now Frank is completely outraged, so he headed back to Alaska and managed to track down the grizzly bear and shot it. He felt sweet revenge, but then, moments later, there was a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to find a giant polar bear standing there. The polar bear looked at him and said, "Admit it Frank, you don't come here for the hunting, do you?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Excellent !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Here's another one I found, off to bed after... apparently a true story...

This is a real excerpt from National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

kay 9 wrote: »
    apparently a true story...
    Nope.
    Still funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

vixdname wrote: »

Did she get to see her first cock(pheasent) that day?:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

First Air Rifle was a GAMO break barrel .22

First .22 Rifle was some piece of sh1t semi auto that the gun store owner convinced me to buy

changed to CZ .22 Bolt action brillaint gun

Now use a CZ Silhouette .17 HMR and a Baikel doubel barrel shottie

Mac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

first rifle was an ancient anschutz semi auto .22 it had "made in west germany" printed on the barrel. traded it for a cz 452 varmint .17hmr
    first shotgun was a yildiz o/u 12 bore
    first centerfire will hopefully soon be a tikka super varmint .223
    trading the hmr for that

Advertisement