Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Ferries 50% back (For Volcano disrupted passengers)

Options
  • 30-07-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

BOOK NOW AND GET 50% BACK. All you have to do is book a return journey with your car at www.irishferries.com then send your booking reference to volcano@irishferries.com and we’ll refund you 50% of your booking fee. Now that’s not half bad!

It's valid for bookings made on or before the 31st August for travel by the 5th January 2011.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Wouldn't a booking fee be something like a fee for paying via telephone or credit card? So, hypothetically, a E300 fare + E5 booking fee means you'll get E2.50 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Nothing on the site about it - you need to provide some more background to it before someone goes spending good few hundred quid on assumption they get half back!!:rolleyes:

Actually... just re read that its only 50% back on the booking fee... Doh. Would not really entice me to book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 cem

Thats what I thought too, but I had to book the ferry anyway. I sent the booking ref back to them and they refunded €138 back to my credit card
    :D

I think they refund half of the fare but you still pay the booking fee which is around €6. Iv now paid €144 for 2 adults and a car return to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

Yes...Sorry to say "the devil is in the detail".....Always has been with Irish Ferries:mad:

These are the T&C's at the bottom of the email...

To avail of this exclusive online offer book a return trip for you and your car on any of our Irish Sea or Ireland – France routes at irishferries.com on or before 31 August 2010 for travel by 5 January 2011. To receive your refund just email your name and booking reference to volcano@irishferries.com and we will refund you 50% of the total ferry ticket price. This is a personal and exclusive offer to you – and is therefore not transferable, or exchangeable. Offer is subject to availability and terms & conditions of booking and travel. New bookings only. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Bon voyage.

There is a link on the email to send to a friend so they can recieve the Special Offer too. Sorry should have read it more thoroughly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

So not available to everyone. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

cem wrote: »
    These are the T&C's at the bottom of the email...

To avail of this exclusive online offer book a return trip for you and your car on any of our Irish Sea or Ireland – France routes at irishferries.com on or before 31 August 2010 for travel by 5 January 2011. To receive your refund just email your name and booking reference to volcano@irishferries.com and we will refund you 50% of the total ferry ticket price. This is a personal and exclusive offer to you – and is therefore not transferable, or exchangeable. Offer is subject to availability and terms & conditions of booking and travel. New bookings only. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Bon voyage.

There is a link on the email to send to a friend so they can recieve the Special Offer too. Sorry should have read it more thoroughly

Hiya CEM.

Just sent you a pm, please can you send me the special offer to.

Thanks.

superscouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Me too please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Formosa

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭karangka

me too, please! Thanks

• Advertisement

Hey,

Iv used the "tell a friend about this offer" link to send it to everybody who sent me a PM.

It said on the original email that it needs to be booked by the 31st August.

Happy travelling :)

CEM

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

can you send me the email aswell please thanks

neo

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Hi CEM,
    Excellent Thread.
    PM sent.
    Kind Regards,
    Bagels

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jimbobwalton

May i have that email also please

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭PhotogTom

Hi,

I'd really appreciate getting the e-mail as well, if anyone can send it to me. I've Googled but can't find anything esle on it!
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Guys

Just be aware that when you book your trip you MAY not get back the 50% as so many have applied from the 1 original email.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Guys

Just be aware that when you book your trip you MAY not get back the 50% as so many have applied from the 1 original email.

Hey,

Iv just got an email from a boards member who I forwarded the original email to and they just got a link to sign up for special offers :confused:

Im a bit anxious that they may not send the volcano offer and people may not get their refund :(

Could a mod please lock this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

^ ^ ^

Just be careful, as i said in an earlier post, DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR TRIP AND THINK THAT THE 50% REFUND IS GUARANTEED

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Closed for the minute.

If anyone gets more info on this, or if it will get people the 50% off for definite, PM me and i will reopen it.

Reopened

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

So what is the actual deal?

Haddockman wrote: »
    So what is the actual deal?

Yes, I am still unable to see it anywhere and the link on the email sent to me says error, contact administrator....

Davy wrote: »
    Reopened

Er, why? does it work now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Stena Line is much better in my experience . . .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwN0PTcfuPmv2cXHlqjEuaKefPB_i5vvOswuk1MgCf2wNN2Y0&t=1&usg=__m_vXzY1NlHAchXAeH-o0EM3pZ4w=

LordSutch wrote: »
    Stena Line is much better in my experience . . .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwN0PTcfuPmv2cXHlqjEuaKefPB_i5vvOswuk1MgCf2wNN2Y0&t=1&usg=__m_vXzY1NlHAchXAeH-o0EM3pZ4w=

So stena is offering 50% back. ?

WHERE ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

So stena is offering 50% back. ?

WHERE ?

Here - http://url.ie/71or

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

I asked Davy to re-open the thread so that i could post the contents of email correspondence between Irish Ferries and myself, as follows:

Sent by me on 1st August
    Hi,
    I believe Irish Ferries are currently emailing customers regarding a special offer.
    The offer is as follows:
    BOOK NOW AND GET 50% BACK. All you have to do is book a return journey with your car at www.irishferries.com then send your booking reference to volcano@irishferries.com and we’ll refund you 50% of your booking fee.
    As an existing Irish Ferries customer, I would like to receive details of this special offer so i'd be very grateful if you'd send me the relevant email inviting me to avail of same.
    I look forward to receiving your email & travelling with Irish Ferries again.
    Kind Regards,
    XXXXX

Reply received today
    Dear Mr XXXXX
    Thank you for your email.
    I'm afraid this was a limited offer and only available for customers who travelled during the Volcano airspace closure period.
    Thanks and regards,
    XXXXX
    irishferries.com

So there you have it.
    Special Offer only applies to customers who happened to sail at that particular time, whether they sailed by choice or by necessity.
    Meanwhile, customers who constantly sail with Irish Ferries (as opposed to travelling with other ferry operators or flying) are not eligible for the special offer.

Changed the title to reflect this

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Hmm, I was a foot passenger during the volcano disruption and I did not get the offer...maybe it was only offered to people travelling with their cars??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

May i have that email also please

Thanks

Advertisement