Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Endorsments

• 30-07-2010 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

A mate of mine was convicted of DD 4 yrs ago, he was disqualified for a yr, big fine and 3 year endorsment etc etc. When the yr disqualifcation was up he applied for his 2nd prov, when he applied he ticked the box which asked does your licsense require an endorsment he ticked YES, when he got the licsense back in the post there was no endorsment on it. 2 yrs later he applied for his 3 rd prov and they said there shud be an endorsment on this he explained he ticked the box they then went and pulled up the original application and were able to see he did, they said that they would have to stamp it and that there was 2 yrs left on it. He went in to get his fourth prov ( a year later ) there monday ( i know hes a lazy sham take the full driving test ) he asked about the endorsments when they were up and they said there is another 2 Yrs left on them endorsment that he didnt declare he had endorsments, he has gone to see his solictor because he feels they shud be up now as he filled in the correct box and declared he had an endorsment
    his solictor has said he has a good case to answer but if he loses he could face a bill of thousands, he asked me to ask have any of you good folk had any thing similar or do u have any advise for him :) Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Sounds like the sort of situation where face to face you get given the brush off but sending some tightly worded correspondence might have an effect.

Taking what he says as gospel he would seem to have a reasonable case, but his solicitor was correct to advise him that if unsuccessful he would face a large legal bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 paulysoprano

He went back in tuesday got the scanned original documents were he ticked endorsment printed out was put on to the endorsment section he said the chap at customer service was sound couldnt help him engough the first time he went in he was fobbed off told he couldnt do any thing about it, any way long story short he got the endorsments back dated, and they came down with his new license clean no more endorsments:D. keep on at them i suppose be moral of the story there. Thanks for your reply Reloc.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 justinleahy89

i got banned for 4 years so just want to no a couple of things if anyone can help.got 4 convictions with 4 bans so do all them bans run together?and about the endorsment have 4 im guessing so will they run together and do they start when i send in my licence or after my ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 paulysoprano

Endorsments begin after the ban :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paul o connell

I got a two year ban for DUI in 2010 I got my license back but I don't think I got an endorsement on it, the judge never said it was to be endorsed either, is there anyway of checking is it endorsed or not???

• Advertisement
Advertisement