Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a job ??

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

kilburn wrote: »
    ah you need that to keep the crowd living in the jail boreen barricaded in:p

Which is good for us, **** for him! :v

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭sioda

oi feicers :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Lads seriously I'm cracking up I've applied for what feels like dozens of jobs and haven't been called for one interview. Soul destroying. Anyone any advice? Different avenues to go down?

gg2 wrote: »
    Lads seriously I'm cracking up I've applied for what feels like dozens of jobs and haven't been called for one interview. Soul destroying. Anyone any advice? Different avenues to go down?

I feel your pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

shaaane wrote: »
    I feel your pain :(

Its **** isn't it.... Honestly thought by now something would have come up... Even an interview! Something to keep the faith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Its **** isn't it.... Honestly thought by now something would have come up... Even an interview! Something to keep the faith!

I know the feeling have applied for 30 jobs this month so far and not even a courtesy mail back let alone a interview

Please do myself and yourself a favour and don't give up. Keep throwing your C.V's to anyone and everyone possible. Your day will come if you be persistent (that's how I'm coping anyway). Best of luck with the job hunt and I hope you pick something up soon :)

campo wrote: »
    I know the feeling have applied for 30 jobs this month so far and not even a courtesy mail back let alone a interview

It will happen for you eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Two years out of college in May. Haven't had a job interview since November. Getting quite tired of rejection. Starting to wonder if college was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Instead of waiting for a call back - try calling the place you applied for and ask has the job been filled and if it has ask for feedback on what you could do differently.

Just a suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Make sure you tailor your CV and not just only each cover letter to the actual job spec being advertised, most important !

Join linked in and get networking it works.

Look at your skills is there any part time course you could do to enhance your CV computer skills, supervisor skills, etc?

Always ask for feedback on your application.

Most important remember who you gave your CV too, if you send it to 3 or 4 recruitment agents who are recruiting for the same job the company will not be very impressed to get your CV 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

tim3000 wrote: »
    Two years out of college in May. Haven't had a job interview since November. Getting quite tired of rejection. Starting to wonder if college was worth it.

And I'm beginning to wonder if I should have went to college all those years ago, all the jobs i see lately seem to be looking for a college degree, experience cost for nothing these days either, on the wrong side of 40 doesn't help.

I've been out of work now for nearly 2 years and strugelling to pay bills and my mortgage.

Where will it all end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

How do you go about applying for one?

What I mean is, are you posting in CVS, are you looking for managers etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Tefral

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

MOD POST: This thread is being closed and two new threads will be opened in it's place.

The first will be the Need a job? Gis a job thread, which is to contain only links to advertised jobs.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056902610

The second thread will be the Limerick Work Chat thread, which will be where folk can pretty much do all the great chat/advice/support that they offered in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056902618

A massive thank you to all who contributed to this thread, and I hope that the same spirit will run through the two new threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement