Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data information

Options
  • 31-07-2010 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi

I was wondering if I am able to request not only information stored about me to my employer but also a copy of my contract of employment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭chappy

shump2 wrote: »
    Hi

I was wondering if I am able to request not only information stored about me to my employer but also a copy of my contract of employment?

You are definately entitled to ask for a copy of your contract.Some material may be confidential so they may not make all items available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

If you have a contract of employment, you should have a copy of it. As with any other contract, you should have been asked to sign two contracts, one which you kept, and one which your employer kept.

You are entitled, by law, to be given a copy of the terms of employment. This must be given to you within two weeks of starting work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shump2

thanks, i appreciate the clarity.

Advertisement