Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stolen bike

• 31-07-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

long shot i know but having got a puncture on my mountain bike that i usually cycle to work i took my well looked after 6 month old focus cayo, that i use for proper cycling, to work this week and parked it locked in the bike shed under the cctv camera and of course it got nicked with the lock snipped(not the greatest lock in fairness, a combination one). i could talk about the so called security where i work all day, but admittedly i should have quadruple locked it, but anyway,
    my request is if anyone is offered this bike to buy or sees any free ads for it, i will gladly give a reward to information leading to where the bike is and who has it. long shot i know, but im sure some of you will understand my frustration. that was my bike and some scumbag has it now.
    Its a 2009 focus cayo, red and white.
    Thanks for reading.

Focus-Cayo-Ultegra-side-hi.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

jets wrote: »
    parked it locked in the bike shed under the cctv camera and of course it got nicked with the lock snipped(not the greatest lock in fairness, a combination one). i could talk about the so called security where i work all day, but admittedly i should have quadruple locked it, but anyway,

Are you able to get the video of the CCTV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Put up a picture and go around all the local bike shops in dublin and keep a very close eye on gumtree.ie, adverts.ie, donedeal.ie, buyandsell.ie and even ebay maybe.

Good luck getting it back, will keep my eyes peeled too.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭avalanche

sorry to hear that man, where are you based,? post a pic .

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jets

thanks lads, it was stolen in the ballsbridge are. there is an exact picture below. other notable things are that having taken a tumble on it the grip on the left handlebar is noticeably less than on the right as it fell off. actually bought some hurling grip in lifestyle but never got around to putting it on. other slightly noticeable things are that i never put clip pedals on it(couldn't afford it yet!) as you would expect to see on such a bike. thanks again, anyone sees it or hears anything i would be delighted to get any word on it, i know its a longshot but im gonna try everything to get this back
    Focus-Cayo-Ultegra-side-hi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Might be better to edit your top post and embed the picture image there... it will get more attention at the top of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Never underestimate the stupidity of scumbags.

Blanket the area in flyers - especially appeal to cycling teams or clubs.

Try everything to get the security tape.

Every day, do a google.ie search.

Go to ebay and setup as many different searches as you can for the bicycle. They will update you every day.

Watch these boards.

Try every other free service, like craigslist and all.

Talk to the Gardai. Go to as many Gardai subStations as possible. Try to get as many people to see the bike as possible.

some good advice guys, thanks a lot.

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Live aaround the area, sorry to hear about this. Will keep an eye out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Sorry for your misfortune. I bought the same bike from reading opinions here, and always looking out for similar on the roads, so will keep a look out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 whysomanyhills

Hey Jets - Sorry for you loss man - I'll keep an eye out on the various sites like gumtree etc as I do be on them a good bit - Theres nothin worse :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

I know its a horrible thing to say, but id give a good look around any flats in the area. A friend of mine had his bike stolen 6 months ago from grafton street only to find some lad cycling it around a block of flats beside DIT a week later. It was a 2009 madone and the guards managed to match the ID number to it and he got it back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

Sorry to hear it shes a beaut, i would agree with the above try all local flats and 'bad' areas nearby. As its ballsbridge and not the city centre i would say theres a fair chance its still in the area. My specialized was robbed in town during the week and the mixture of shock, sadness and rage upon finding the locks on the ground is indescribable. I and unfortunately many others around dublin feel your pain. Hope you get it back.

Advertisement