Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undeliverable mail messages

Options
  • 31-07-2010 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I wondered why I couldn't get any emails on my old 3gs iPhone the other day and decided to check my webmail. I saw I had used my disk space quota of 400mb ! But when I checked the mail on the web, I had over 70,000 of these type of messages:

9648a.jpg
    I deleted them all, changed my email passwords, and set the permissions for the mail servers. But I just checked again and I've got another 5,000 since this morning. Any ideas ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Either someone is using your address as the reply to

not much you can do really it's like someone writing your name on the back of the envelope when they post a letter in any post box in the world, it's one of the reasons many people try to keep their email address private and use a second address that they don't mind walking from when signing up for random stuff.

Or

you have malware sending out emails from your windows PC (only if you have a windows PC with the same email account)

3G iphone / malware / networking - not sure where to move this to now :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Thanks Capt, thought that's what it might have been, only thing is I can't get rid of the address as it's my work one.

Advertisement