Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Festival - Day 6 Selections

Options
  • 31-07-2010 2:30am
    Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭

2:25 Galway - Dumitas - .5pts e/w @ 17/2 (VC)

Tough race to call but I quite like this horse, ran well for long times on last two hurdle runs, found little near the end but first time cheekpieces may help spark that extra improvement needed. The ground will suit and has a good jockey on board, should be suited by the track also and I feel he's a better betting proposition in comparison to the fav (A Weld horse) at likely odds of 10/1. There are a couple of front runners in the race who may set a good gallop and this could help my selections chances as he likes to sit in behind the pace setters and make an effort late on. Andrew Mc Namara is on board and he was on last time out, he'll hopefully know exactly what to do now and if he jumps a clear round I think he'll be in the frame come the final couple of furlongs and should place at least. He'll love the likely quick ground and should be fresh enough to take this after having 42 days off the track. Should go well at a decent price, but it's a tough race to call so only a small each way bet for me.

2:55 Galway - Duroob - .5pts e/w @ 16/1 (PaddyPower)

Backed this one each way the other day when he managed to place in a decent race a few days ago. The jockey booking wouldn't fill me with confidence but he seems to get on well with the horse having placed and won on him numerous times and takes off a handy 7lbs in weight. He's stepped down from 3 miles to 2m 5f which will suit him better and if they go a good gallop as I expect them to he could be one the scene once again. He'll only be carrying 10st 4lbs which will help his cause. If he jumps well and travels as strongly as usual he could place at very worse, Brady is due a winner too and this is his only one that will be out tomorrow, unless his reserve for this race gets in but it's not a great horse regardless. Should be the guts of 12/1 and it looks a decent each way bet if his previous race didn't take much out of him, he has raced pretty close together before so I doubt it'll hinder his chances too much. The ground is ideal and with a bit of luck he could be in with a decent shout, horrible race to call so once again it's a small each way bet for me.

3:30 Galway - Hope Of An Angel - .5pts @ 12/1 (Bet365)

A real head scratcher of a race, can't split them much so I'm going to have a small bet on the outsider of the field. She got really heated up last time out, unruly in the parade ring and didn't want to load. Eventually came 2nd when just short-headed in a maiden over 6f in Sligo. Pulled 4 lengths clear of the rest and was staying on well near the end suggesting this step up to 7f will be ideal. Good 5lb claimer leaving her only carrying 8st 3lbs should put her in with a decent shot if running like last time. Tough race to call in any direction so I'll have a small win bet on this one at likely odds of around 10/1. Not much else I can say!

4:00 Galway - Miss Eze - .5pts NON RUNNER Replaced with Drombeg Dawn - .5pts @ 7/1 (Bet365)

Has already ran twice at this meeting this week, winning once and ran a sound race last time out when 3 1/2 lengths away in 5th place. Running from stall 3 which wouldn't be ideal but she won from this stall 4 days ago, and ran a gallant race from stall 2 last time. Her hold up style should be suited by the likely pace Ask Jack will set and if she gets a clear run late on I feel she has a good chance. Good 3lb claimer on board who knows her well having been on board her 5 times. If those races hasn't taken too much out of her she'll be in with a good shout if running on well near the finish, carries a light 8st 10lbs which will help and she seems to like the track, progressing enough this season to suggest that another race could be got out of her from this mark and all going well I think she could get it here. She's worth a small win bet in a race that looks very tough to call.

Last three, no major fancies so just small bets all day.

4:30 Galway - Hasty Katie - .5pts @ 4/1 (PaddyPower)
    5:00 Galway - Forest Minx - .25pts e/w @ 25/1 (PaddyPower)
    5:30 Galway - Gurteen Lass - .5pts e/w @ 20/1 (Bet365)

Prices up come morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

14.25: 1 pt e/w Lean Times

Got off the mark in its bumper recently - will be fit and well schooled. Should be suited by the uphill finish and hopefully a strong pace. A small saver on Blue Turk from the Gilligans yard who is looking to fire in a local win. This fellow has some pieces of form and could sneek a place.

14.55: 2 pt e/w King of Redfield

Just deprived earlier in the week - if those exertions didnt take too much out of him, I see him right there at the finish. Only worry is jockey who I felt cost him the race the last night. A saver at a big price on an old favourite - Silverhand. An expensive horse to follow over hurdles, he has the ability to win a race of this standard. He did take a really heavy fall last time out and that is another negative.

15.30: 1 pt win Cambina

No real view in a tough race but will go with Stacks for an interest.

16.00: 2 pts e/w Little Arrows (big forecast with Ask Jack)

This fellow comes in at the bottom of the handicap, won well at the Curragh last time out and is well drawn. Ask JAck will bring them along at a good pace and I expect him to sit in just behind and to strike late.

No time to write on rest of races but bets are:

16.30: 3 pt win Enchanted Forest
    17.00: 2 pt e/w Lough Ferrib
    17.30: 2 pt e/w Sparkling Tara

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

4:00 Galway - Miss Eze not running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Great ride by the jockey on hope of an angel

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

x PyRo wrote: »
    3:30 Galway - Hope Of An Angel - .5pts @ 12/1 (Bet365)

A real head scratcher of a race, can't split them much so I'm going to have a small bet on the outsider of the field. She got really heated up last time out, unruly in the parade ring and didn't want to load. Eventually came 2nd when just short-headed in a maiden over 6f in Sligo. Pulled 4 lengths clear of the rest and was staying on well near the end suggesting this step up to 7f will be ideal. Good 5lb claimer leaving her only carrying 8st 3lbs should put her in with a decent shot if running like last time. Tough race to call in any direction so I'll have a small win bet on this one at likely odds of around 10/1. Not much else I can say!

Fiiiiinally. Brilliant performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Watchin kerry get hammered forgot to back Hope of an Angel, sickener

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Fiiiiinally. Brilliant performance.
    Made back my loss on the Kerry game thanks:D

Nice one!

4:30 Galway - Hasty Katie - .5pts @ 4/1 (PaddyPower)

Good girl! Wins @ 9/2. Would of went in larger if it wasn't for the O'Brien runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

Only just come in - mixed day so far with Silverhand winning. Good win in the last Pyro. Lough Ferrib for me here with an e/w interest on Luis Na Hoiche at a bigger price.

hopefully 3rd!

• Advertisement

Jesus she flew near the end! Happy with place money.

Last one was making a decent bid but ran into another horses arse. :(

Good day, 12/1 & 9/2 winners and a 25/1 place. :)

+7.56 pts profit from only staking 5 points. Happy days.

Advertisement