Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MR BLOODY BINMAN

Options
  • 31-07-2010 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

I am raging here again.
    I have wrote to BINMAN about 5 times Telling them to simply send out a reminder by email, tag, or whatever about the bins being collected on sats during bank holidays, so simple to do but they wont....No one in my street remembers.
    It inceses me they they can't,,, sorry won't do this.

I bet there are hundreds that forget.

Before anyone starts its on the small print of contract so perfectly legal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Greenstar sent me a text!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

I am a fool. I am so slow......:D

Just finally dawned on me. Of course its such a simple thing to do in this day and age ,so many options to send reminders.
    My normal collection day is Monday. They like to collect on Sat at Bank holiday times. But , and heres the crunch...If they collected 'all' the bins on the Saturday and no one worked on Monday or Sunday for that matter then maybe they would have too many tons of rubish lying arround thats not processed. I bet thats it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

But , and heres the crunch...If they collected 'all' the bins on the Saturday and no one worked on Monday or Sunday for that matter then maybe they would have too many tons of rubish lying arround thats not processed. I bet thats it!

Yeah you could be right. Maybe it is that.

But seriously dude, how difficult is to remember that on BH's they collect on Sat???

And if you do forget, so you've to wait a week. Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Agree! What do you want from them? If my binman collected the Saturday before the bank holidays I would be able to remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They should announce refuse collection times on the 6.01 news.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Use your PC (Outlook), to set a reminder every friday before the bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

johndoe99 wrote: »

Or even your phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Just change operator! Here's what Greenstar sent by SMS : 24 hrs ahead of collection :)
    Greenstar would like to remind you a refuse & recycling bin collection service will take place on Saturday 31 Jul.Thank you for your valued custom.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Walkman wrote: »
    johndoe99 wrote: »

Or even your phone?

or even...an old fashion-y calendar (perhaps with pictures of playful puppies)

Some of us have some sort of a life. We are busy with '''stuff'. I admit that I probably belong to that rare breed who have very little concept of regular holidays let alone those odd Bank holidays which pop up now and then. Couldnt even tell you how many there are in a year.:D.

Believe me there are some who ocasionally forget normal collections but many more forget these bank holday ones.

'Accepting' the fact that people forget ...and those companies know this better than anyone, its just so easy for them in so many ways to remind people...That is what narks me........strange how they always send a reminder to pay money:D.

However this..'Dude' will get over it I'm sure...till the next time lol lol lol.
    Have a great day Yalll.

And don't forget to put your bin out:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Some of us have some sort of a life. We are busy with '''stuff'. I admit that I probably belong to that rare breed who have very little concept of regular holidays let alone those odd Bank holidays which pop up now and then. Couldnt even tell you how many there are in a year.:D.

Believe me there are some who ocasionally forget normal collections but many more forget these bank holday ones.

'Accepting' the fact that people forget ...and those companies know this better than anyone, its just so easy for them in so many ways to remind people...That is what narks me........strange how they always send a reminder to pay money:D.

However this..'Dude' will get over it I'm sure...till the next time lol lol lol.
    Have a great day Yalll.

And don't forget to put your bin out:p

As simple as it is to remember to do something a little different on a bank holiday weekend, it can easily be forgotten. I work five days of a seven day week, all different kinds of hours and only found out yesterday it was a bank holiday weekend. Agree with Watchman that things can easily be forgotten especially if you have kids. I'll be going to the dump this week :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Why do Bank Holidays affect Mr Binman ?

Other private operators don't seem to be affected. Probably greed or laziness on their part.

I use Greenstar and the text service is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Monday is the worst day for bin collection,because of getting caught with the bank holiday ,and now with the new brown bin its every second week ,so next monday is brown bin ,im screwed again.

They used to collect them on a saturday ,but they seemed to stopped doing it around 2 years ago.
    This is in Dublin 20

so its going to be a months full of rubbish again ,with a house of eight people its a lot of rubbish

Hello all,
    Yes, me again,
    and yes bloody bank holiday.
    And yes forgot the rubbish again!. so just excuse me again for a mo while I just let this out. You might want to cover your ears for this.....

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!now then, thats better.
    Have a great day.:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm going to close this thread - you've created at least 3 threads in relation to Mr. Binman in the last year.

Print out a calendar and stick it to you fridge - set up an alert in your email calendar. Do something - but just accept that sometimes you will forget to put the bin out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement